anyone watching live 8?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
its on live now on mtv or vh1 its on both lots a cool bands well some crapy ones lol.

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
Hehe, mostly crappy ones. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I'm wathcing too, whos idea was it to make it 8 hours long? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

billybright

Enlightened
I'm watching the live8 London UK show, they have U2, Coldplay, Maddona, Sting, The Who, Pink floyd! , Great Show /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif!

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was at work through most of it unfortunately, have been watching it for a bit though. Until the parents decided to change the channel though. Only TV reception here's through Sky, and we've only got one decoder, so they're in control! Annoying.

Shame I missed Pink Floyd...ah well, have to wait for the replays I guess.

Great show, great cause.

Kilted

Enlightened
I'm watching/listening to it on the broadband AOL global feed. Watch some, listen some, I've other things to do.

AOL feed - fewer commericals and they only show the top rated groups.

Interesting that AOL is one of the few isp's that have a world wide feed and can actully provide live broadcast from around the world.

Almost makes me want to give AOL a break almost, but not quite.

=D~~ Kilted

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i liked velvet revolver good chaloette green day u2.and few others i forget but m,an there was some crud on to

SolarFlare

Enlightened
OMG Pink Floyd where absolutely superb, been a fan since the seventies but never saw them play together, only ever caught them without Roger Waters in the 80's. WOW that was a dream fulfilled. Don't forget to add your name at http://www.live8live.com

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Enjoyed U2 with Macca to kick off, and Coldplay doing a bit of the Quo too. The Who were great, hoped they would do a whole "CSI-theme-tunes" set after starting with Who-are-You, but two out of three can`t be bad. Pink Floyd, fantastic. Don`t remember them "the first time round" as I`m not old enough, but still, just great.

Could have done without Snoop Dog. His unnecessary self importance and offensive profanity and vulgarity had no place on international TV at 6:30PM, let alone at such an important worldwide event. I don`t "get" Rap to begin with, but...better not go on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Lots of others good, bad and indifferent. But most importantly, have signed the petition and urge everyone else to do so too. Do it now!

!

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Missed the Who's set unfortunately, which was a bit annoying. Like them too.

I do declare, that Pink Floyd set was absolutely superb. Good choice of songs too.

Still reckon "Wish You Were Here" has one of the nicest sounding intros of any song, ever too.

Name's on the list already, has been for some time!

Many of the younger (sheesh, I hate using terms like that) acts were very good, but Pink Floyd were in a simple term, classy, in that perfomance.

Well done guys.

And a big thank you to everyone else involved too, (London concert's just finished). Hope you all get home safely!

...though you will have done so by the time you read this...still, is the thought that counts!

And Chris M. Right with you there on the "Rap thing", not something I ever saw any appeal of at all. To me, music should either tell a distinct story, or be harmonically pretty. It is neither for the most part. In that case too, it was simply inappropriate.

Edited to add something I forgot, and to fix several typos.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
green day was my faverite.i think there underrated stevei wonder was good to so was floyd and the who. bon jovi and vevelt revolver

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Chris M. said:

Could have done without Snoop Dog. His unnecessary self importance and offensive profanity and vulgarity had no place on international TV at 6:30PM, let alone at such an important worldwide event.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said, Chris and my sentiments also.

I enjoyed seeing Paul McCartney on the opening "Sargent Pepper" piece as well as the closing "Hey Jude." I especially enjoyed the nod to his Beatles past during "Pepper." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Should really have given him a mention too, after all he's done for the music industry, Sir Paul McCartney certainly deserves a nod. And I've actually got The Sgt. Pepper album on now as a result of having the song stuck in my head for the last hour!

(now, how many 20 year olds do you know with the White Album, Yellow Submarine, Sgt. Pepper, plus a lot of Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, Status Quo, Genesis....you get the idea...in his music collection. Always said I Was born 30 years too late!)

Great concert overall.