am i mean ?expalin this to me

raggie33

*the raggedier*
mods ya can move this to underground if this is wrong place to post this. ok i watched live 8 today it is to feed starveing people in third world countries and reduce there debt to the big 8 countris well i a course dont want know one to statve but are we not looking at the true probelm reason i ask is i just saw someone talkjing about a lady with 11 chcildren who cant afford to feed them.do you see my point perhaps they should try abistaicce and reduce the babys they have.if i lived in a place like that thanks god i dont but i sure wouldt bring a baby into the world there.im sorry if this sounds mean but it makes me wonder even in usa people seem to bring kids into the world but cant even take care of the ones they have

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nah, it's not mean, it's a valid point. I would pretty much agree with you. If they had started more birth control during the first live aid, maybe things would be better by now. Maybe it's just due to ignorance and not being educated about such things, I don't know. I also think it's nice that the USA is building schools and roads in Iraq but why not build more schools in the USA first?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
before my real dad got me i knew what it was like to be hungry.i was malnurished but my dad went and took me from my mom he fed me good.so i know being hungry is aweful i feel bad for em but its juust weird even in the usa people who cant aford to have kids will have more and more.it frustatres me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Raggie, that's not a mean question at all. You raise a very valid issue about birth control and personal responsibility. Unfortunately the people who need to learn this the most are the ones that are the least likely to be in a position to hear it.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

greenLED

Flashaholic
Good observation, raggie. This is a very, very interesting, sad, and complex topic. In some countries women don't share the status, have the education, or are allowed to make decisions about their own lives like we're used to seeing closer to home. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

nisshin

Enlightened
I agree with Raggie that those in starving areas should reduce the number of mouths to feed; however, if you look at it from the point of view of the people there, they want someone to carry on their family name, so to speak, so having more babies would better the odds. Also, those places hardly have any social security system in place, so your children are your retirement support. The real solution is to get the people there out of poverty and quick.
nisshin

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
nisshin said: The real solution is to get the people there out of poverty and quick.
nisshin

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, but granting 'debt relief' does nothing to solve any of the socio-political-economic-geographic conditions that caused the poverty. Mask the symptom not the cause and the nothing is truly solved.

Jubilee is itself a political agenda, and what those pushing for debt relief actually want is a repetative 'cycle' of debt relief. If this happens once I sense that some long term problems will occur that are far greater than the ones we face today.

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
before my real dad got me i knew what it was like to be hungry.i was malnurished but my dad went and took me from my mom he fed me good.so i know being hungry is aweful i feel bad for em but its juust weird even in the usa people who cant aford to have kids will have more and more.it frustatres me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Try working in a hospital where you have to see a person having baby #13 or 14, on Medicaid, we are footing the bill and you can't say a word because it's your workplace and you have to keep opinions to yourself. Sometimes I want to scream at these people. How many babies is enough?? 5-6-10-12?

rodfran

Enlightened
Hi ChocolateLab33-

My wife worked in public health for years and saw many teenage pregnancies. One of the youngest was 13. Many mouths to feed. Yes, raggie, these are difficult issues. Education and birth control methods are possible answers, however birth control is a controversial topic.
Gets into an area of an individual's personal freedom here in the U.S. But if the children are not properly cared for(advanced malnutrition etc.) then legal steps can be taken.