Fairly Cheap Panasonic 1600 MAH AA Ni-Mh

WayneM

Newly Enlightened
Hi Folks,

Don't know how many of you have a Big Lots store nearby, buy they are selling a 4-pack of Panasonic AA size Ni-Mh cells, rated at 1600 mAh, for $4.99.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WayneM:
Hi Folks,

Don't know how many of you have a Big Lots store nearby, buy they are selling a 4-pack of Panasonic AA size Ni-Mh cells, rated at 1600 mAh, for $4.99.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

FYI-The old nationwide name for that same store chain is Pic'N Save. (Just changed-on W.coast)

Saaby

Flashaholic
Well, it was Pick n' save and then HERE it was MacFrugals for awhile.

Anyway I called mine and they were on ad here a few weeks ago I guess and they're gone. I cringe to think of how many people will either throw these away after 1 use or charge them in a NiCd charger...

WayneM

Newly Enlightened
Well, generally if Big Lots has an item and you want it, you had better go ahead and buy it while you can, because most of their stuff is over-runs and surplus, and once it's gone, it's gone.

However, these batteries MIGHT be different. Panasonic is their "store-brand" of batteries, at least around here. So there is a chance they will get more in.

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Saaby:
Well, it was Pick n' save and then HERE it was MacFrugals for awhile.

Anyway I called mine and they were on ad here a few weeks ago I guess and they're gone. I cringe to think of how many people will either throw these away after 1 use or charge them in a NiCd charger...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

they used to be odd lots here.
now big lots
they get some great deals at times but you gotta be quick.
everybody has the same idea-load up while you can.
i will hit them in the morning.
i could clean them out and resell at hamfests at that price.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Well I called to save a trip and they were gone. I got the impression here they'd just bearly gotten them (Which may be ture) but I guess they were on ad here weeks ago so I completly missed em'

dark star

Enlightened
I picked up 6 of the packs the day the ad came out - as usual at pickNsave they were going fast. Alas candlepowerforums was down that day - I wanted to tell all my CPF buddies about it. The sad thing about NiMH batteries is they seem to go bad after a few years - even if you do not use them. No point in buying a ton of them.