Arc LS or AA Bright light

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I have a Streamlight poly stinger and love the brightness but would like to have something else that uses AA batteries and is as bright. I bought a Princeton Tec 40 but am disappointed because it is not that bright. How about the new Arc LS or any other light that is bright, small and doesn't use lithium batteries. Thanks, Jeff
confused.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

The Poly Stinger is 15,000 cp - I don't think you'll find a 2 AA light that bright!
tongue.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

If you find such a light, please let us all know!!!!!!
shocked.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

The new ARC LS 2xAA might be a good choice. Supposed to be available soon from ARC flashlight company.
smile.gif

Gandalf

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeff B.:
I have a Streamlight poly stinger and love the brightness but would like to have something else that uses AA batteries and is as bright. I bought a Princeton Tec 40 but am disappointed because it is not that bright. How about the new Arc LS or any other light that is bright, small and doesn't use lithium batteries. Thanks, Jeff
confused.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

About the only AA light that's anywhere equivalent to a Stinger would be the Princeton Tec Surge. It uses 8AA cells, though. Light output is abiut the same. So it's a little shorter than a Stinger, but about the diameter of a Maglite. The Surge has more a of a SureFire type beam: the manufacturer calls it 'wide', but it's virtually identical to my SF 9P: sort of football shaped, with hot spot in the center, and not nearly as focused as the Stinger can be. It's as close as you can come using AA cells, I think. It's hard to compare them, because the Stinger has the smooth reflector, with an ultra tight spot, if desired. The Stinger makes a great all around flashlight that's very economical to operate, and is quite small for the amount of light it puts out. And, you can build the battery packs out of common sub C nicads.