I guess people don't notice?

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: I guess people don\'t notice?

check the pciture section... look at the "beast" in one of it's many configurations

Kiessling

Flashaholic

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif ... this is just ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

What are those military batteries they keep mentioning?
And how do they get 3500lm from a 35W HID?

And how can I get one??????????????

bernie

Size15's

Flashaholic

Information and photos of the HellFire has been published in a couple magazines for some time now. You can find the articles online if you know where to look.

Hmm.... I wonder where one would look on the internet for scans of magazine containing cool SureFire stuff PK has been involved with?

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast

The BA 5590 military battery mentioned is a lithium - sulphur dioxide battery. Non rechargeable primary cell that has been around for a long time. I think this is the same chemistry as in the SAFT cells? Holds about 7ah if I recall... (does google search) yup, 7ah at 70F.

linky

[ QUOTE ]

In the period 1999 - 2003 Saft delivered 1,000,000 BA-5590 batteries to the US Military

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, thats alot of batteries...

Kiessling

Flashaholic

Aren't those the ones that explode? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
bernie

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast

yes, actually I think those are the ones that you're not allowed to send a crate of on commercial aircraft. And they are the same ones that are confused around here with regular lithium primary cells like our CR123 even though those are a totally different chemistry.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast

So where's the "click to order" button. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

-LT

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast

SO why don't people notice AL?

well, considering it's under weapon lights, considering it's under the heavy machine gun light section, considering it ISN'T AVAILABLE to the public, I guess people just takes an ever so much less interest in it...

If it's under special ops lights or somewhere civilians usually look at, then hell yeah, but we civilians don't exactly shop for weapon lights everyday, especially when we can't buy it...

Size15's

Flashaholic

I didn't realise that we were only allowed to be interested in products that were available to the public... After all the HellFire has been discussed here on CPF before - we now have some real information on it (and photos too).

The Beast wasn't available to the public - demand meant that SureFire released a version as a limited edition. Perhaps similar demand will result in other lights SureFire doesn't sell to the public being released?

Al

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

I must do more /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif now..

That Hellfire truly looks like a light that is out of this world. When you click on the larger picture, the design is more radical than anything I've ever seen before on ANY light emitting device. It seriously looks like some alien artifact - I guess the clueless on the receiving end of its unearthly power will really think that they've seen something supernatural /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sure it looks like a big round barrel but it is damn pretty anyway.

Plus, given its intended use, it sure is one artistic light. The Hellfire logo engraving - sheeeeeeet, if only the engraving on the U2 was done to that level of detail!

And here's SF's solution to all of your "my light has mismatched HA" problems: Finish: Hand anodized "NL" gray MIL-A-8625 type III, class 2

One does not like to imagine how much hand anodizing will cost, though.

Who was the photographer? I'm guessing the last two pictures showing the Hellfire in its 'intended application' were shot using an infrared filter on the camera.. AWESOME! now if only my EOS 350D could do infrared without hacking the hardware!

BTW Al, chill.. there are some of us who really do love what SF does, yaknow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif even if I can't buy it or can't afford it :wishful-thinking:

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast

DOn't get me wrong, I love the idea of i, and I think it is simply awsome. I'm particularly impressed by the 8 hour runtime.

What I'm saying is, the location of the Hellfire is somewhat hidden, and not all of us check the weaponlights everyday for updates...

Let me put it this way, when you have a product like the U2 or the A2 coming out which many of us can afford to purchase and use, we would be more keen to look for it. Whereas we previously knew of a HID light for .50 cal machine guns and light artilery canons that *may* be coming soon, with no potential to be owned by the public, do you really think a lot of us would be checking the heavy-gun section everyday?

heck, I was looking at the SF website everyday when the U2 came out. Or the New generation Kl1 for that mater. But how many of us are on the outlook of the hellfire with no definite time-frame for realease of any of its technical specs?

So it comes back to it, people don't notice it because 1. People don't know it's coming
2. People don't know which section to look under
3. People perhaps are not always on the lookout for a light that makes the Beast look weak(imagine the cost now)

Sorry for provoking you Al but your original statement was inquisitive at the least. In fact I don't understand why you could have simply said, "hey lads, check the hellfire out on SF website, it's wicked awsome". but instead "
I guess people don't notice when SureFire updates it's website? "

THanks for the news, nevertheless though.

Nick

Size15's

Flashaholic

Yeah I guess I forgot that CPF isn't as interested in the "WeaponLight" side of the SureFire as they are the handhelds...

Anyway, I'm not saying I've seen one of these, but if I had have seen it I'm sure it would have been the brightest most powerful light SureFire had made.

It doesn't have to be mounted on a 50cal of course. I bet that Don could knock up a handlebar mount for a peddle bicycle!

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast

I wonder if there aren't some special new technology in the bulb or the isolation mount that will let you put an HID lamp on a gun that big.

I wonder if the same technology will make it's way into other HID lights from surefire...

Cause if the bulbs weren't so fragile and expensive to replace there might be a lot more interest in super expensive HID lights...

These really and truly not available to the general public? Surely someone could get us one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif or are they afraid that we'll re-export them to the enemy!

Darell

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
Size15's said:
It doesn't have to be mounted on a 50cal of course. I bet that Don could knock up a handlebar mount for a peddle bicycle!

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey! That's MY forte!
I present the Jr. Hellfire on wheels

McGizmo

Flashaholic

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

I believe the marketing term was cool science. Cool science with pretty hot dang results! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I would like to see one of those on the radar arch of a RIB with a remote control joy stick mounted on the console! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I could see the CoastGuard and harbor patrols getting in line for one of those fellas!

I guess it would be OK on a bike. The IR and heat might take out the bugs before they fly into your mouth! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
I guess it would be OK on a bike. The IR and heat might take out the bugs before they fly into your mouth!

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif ROFLMAO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bernie

Latest posts