• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Aleph 19 UV question.

lasercrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking at the 2xcr123 uv Alephs at the shoppe and wanted to know if it can run on 2 RCR123A batts? If it can't use them can it be made to use them? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
If the driver is a DB, no problem. If it is a Wiz2 then no go as you are limited to 6 volts. I suggest you E-mail the shoppe?!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic
We could also move this thread over there ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
bernie

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 2x123 (downboy) version will run on inputs 10V or higher and two RCR123s are no problem for the Downboy. We have the A19 UV head built out as a 2X123 with a Downboy and a Nexgen 1X123. The head is available separately with a Wizard 520 driver which will run on an E1, E2, Aleph 1X, 1.5X, 2X power pack and all 1, 2 cell Surefire E series power packs making the Wizard A19 head a nice addition too your arsenal.

The A19 reflector is very friendly with both Cree and Luxeon LEDs.

Some testing with the LuxV and spacing the reflector off a small amount produces one of the nicest beams from a 5W. I think Don did some testing with the 5W.

Sorry, I didn't see this post sooner.

Thanks for moving the thread.

Wayne

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Rick,
Yes it will but on a fresh cell, you will probably have a higher current going to the LED than designed. Newbie told me off forum that he has ben driving the UV at higher curents than spec and seen no issues with lumen maintenance but he also has the LED well sinked. If you plan to use the light for short bursts, I think you will be OK but if running for long periods, I would recommend you consider a Wiz2 driver with the R123.