Arc AAA Vs. Peak beamshots

Anti_Candescent

Enlightened

LowWorm

Enlightened
Thanks for the shots...before I got my Arc-P I was wavering between it and the Peak Ultra.

Received my Arc today and am VERY pleased. Your shots pretty much show why.

JJohn

Enlightened
A much more useful comparison would be between the new Peak 1LED AAA Ultra and the new Arc. That is a comparison I would really like to see. Of course I would also love to see a Arc AAA that could tail-stand like the Peak Pocket style.

John

Scottiver

Enlightened
Nowhere in your post or pictures do you say which beamshot goes with which flashlight. Please update me on this. Thanks.

mbely2

Enlightened
"A much more useful comparison would be between the new Peak 1LED AAA Ultra and the new Arc."

I agree completely . It will be really apples to apples comparison.

Anti_Candescent

Enlightened
I'm working on the 5 Led vs. shot. Its very telling, but its very hard to get the colors right. The multiple led spreads the color out much more than a single, but the Arc seems more intense and the camera picks up the color more vividly. I want to be fair here, I'm working on it.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I look forward to my MTD/ARC AAA-P's, and bet it will
be my main "neck" 1xAAA 1xLED. One thing i want to see is how they throw. It's the one about my two ultra po 1xLED AAA
I find really facinating.
Face it, we knew the output would be killer on choice of nichia Gransee used. And he always get's the best no compromise LED's, he's the master at that, and killer build.

I don't see me carrying anything else on my neck chain when I got back on tour in late july!

But the peak may be just be fine for many, and remember how those beamshot's of dorcy 1xAAA were a bit brighter and throw better over the 1AA 3LED dorcy.
I would personally go with outdoor shots from at 10, 15, 20, 30, and 50 Ft. that should show some qualities of each light's strong or weak point's. But the blue in this type light bother's me not.
And Peter and peak , and i have a feeling one other maker may come along and yet raise the bar. But peter will too and So will peak i would imagine.

It's just the fact that too many non lumileds LEDS are are available or will be later. (think photon proton among others)to not have better and better lights coming down the pike.

I just Glad PG is back, since I love my LSH-P but got into
cool light's too late to get an originally. VDG

Scottiver

Enlightened
That's good to hear that it's not that blue. Beam shots can be tricky. I'm just glad to hear it's an awesome light 'cuz i've got one on order and can't wait to get it.

javafool

Enlightened
Excellent beam shots Anti_Candescent, thanks for your efforts! My ARC AAA-P should be here today or tomorrow so I will get to see the real thing soon.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the shots anti_Candescent, they really do help. Based on my photon freedom, the Nichia CS LED isn't any more or less blue then it's predecessors. In real life applications, I don't think you think about it that much.

Good to hear you guys are getting your Arcs. I was afraid to order as I am on vacay next week and didn't want them to arrive in my abscence. Had I known they would ship this quick, I would have ordered. Oh well.

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
anti_Candescent-

Any chance of you getting under-exposed pix? That's generally a better way to rate the hot spot. (smirk) Well, other than actually *seeing* it, of course. Which beam seems brighter to the eye? I'm guessing the Peak has more throw but the Arc is more useful at close range thanks to the increased spill the reflector grants. Does that seem accurate?

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Putting up Non Saturated Pictures will help ....

Saturated Picture will always tell a different story...

here is a example of Non Saturated Image... It's Arc AAA Standard LED in Photon III Body and Peak 3 LED AAA....
007_DCP_4461b.jpg

Arc AAA LED is being fed with 90mA (in Photon III Body) ... Actual Arc overdrives at 45 mA .... by the way.. the led is NSPW500BS (in standard Configuration) and NSPW500CS B12(bin) in AAA Premium

rscanady

Enlightened
Maybe its just me, but I actually like the spot and color of the Peak 3 Led shot over the Arc. Please before you flame me over this, be aware that I own both companies products (the CPF motto, buy both) and enjoy both of them. Just My opinon is all.

Anit,
Thanks for the beam shots as they do show how each light can be applied differently and for what types of applications.

Again, I say buy both!

Ryan

Anti_Candescent

Enlightened
No flames here. I was amazed how close the output of the two really is. The peak is no slouch. its beam opens up over distance. Multi-led's seem to give you a better depth when lighting things up, too. The Arc just has a few more lbs. on its side of the scale.

Buy two of each, then you can remember what it looked like new! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bananas

Newly Enlightened
I like youre username (anticandessant) and I feel the same way about the loathsome yellow ringed beams of those outdated heaps of junk. There got that off my chest feel alot better now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anti_Candescent

Enlightened
I've actually received PM's calling me stupid for using it. Candescent says, "glowing from great heat" in the dictionary. If I recall correctly Anti_Incandescent was too long for a user name, but I think people understand what I mean.:) Thanks bananas.

Anti_Candescent

Enlightened
BTW, I've got some new pics to post. When I get the card reader back from my better half, I'll put them up in the morning.