Surefire in Vancouver or Victoria BC??

goke

Newly Enlightened
Has anybody seen SF stocked at a store in these cities? Any Canadian on-line SF retailers?

I've been doing lots of reading on this site and I think I've decided what I want but I'd love to look at the SF line in the flesh before I drop any cash.

thanks!!

Vortex

Newly Enlightened
You are much better off buying from the buy and sell forum here at cpf. There are some great deals on used lights for example ChocolateLab33 has Surefire L4 for $128. If you want new lights look up oldgrandpajack's posts in the buy/sell forum. Surefire lights are way too over priced here at Canadian retailers. For example Nicholl's which is a local police outfitting store in Montreal sells the surefire L4 for around $275 CAD + tax which is about $220 USD. You can buy a brand new one from oldgrandpajack for $134.95 here:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB8&Number=886023&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Ohh and another example, A pelican M6 lithium (not LED) goes for $115 CAD in the store at Nicholls, I've checked other Pelican retailers in montreal and they all seem to be priced the same, most of them don't even have them in stock. But if you go to www.batterystation.com/cpf.htm you can get one for $35 USD or $44 CDN, even with shipping and duties you are still laughing.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Don't worry about seeing one in the flesh, I guarantee you will be more than satisfied by any surefire product you purchase, to top it off they have an excellent lifetime guarantee and great customer service. Check out the A2, L2, L4 and the U2

goke

Newly Enlightened
That's what I kind of assumed. I know that's the case with quality knives as well. I can get a Spyderco Gunting for $135 CDN from the States while the same thing would cost $250 from the local House of Knives. Outrageous.

BTW, I'm after a C3 with the P91 lamp. Strictly for rare emergency use when I have to light up the back fourty (feet) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif For general household use I like my Streamlight 4AA LED.

seattlite

Enlightened
If you want instant gratification and don't mind the drive, go down to Federal Way Guns, in Federal Way, Washington. I've bought a couple of Surefire lights from them due to their DANG GOOD prices. Tax is 8.8% so you'll have to factor that in your decision. Their stock varies, but if you don't mind the wait, they can special order any Surefire light or accessory. Some pricing examples: L4 $129, M3T $229, M6 $293. Last time I was in there, I didn't see a C3, but I did see a M3 for around $185.

jenks

Newly Enlightened
Goke:
Welcome from another West coaster. Where are you located?
I think Harrissons in Victoria sometimes has Surefire. Dave's in New west has some and 3 Vets has had some in on occasion. There is a Can. website called 911supply.ca which seems have some reasonable prices. The M3 is 340CDN. (gulp) I've never done any business with them.

I can recommend oldgrandpajack though!
Jenks

goke

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info.
I might head down to Bladeshow West in Portland at the end of Sept. so I might hit Federal Way Guns on that trip. Maybe I should just buy it in Oregon where there's no sales tax. I doubt I can wait that long though.
I'm in Victoria.

PhantomZ

Enlightened
Daves just started bringing them in. few days ago my friend went in for airsoft gears and they had a G2 and a Z3. ive only seen a e1e from 3Vets and that was sometime last year. its not there anymore since last week i went. my first surefire, a 6P, was bought at MD Charlton in new west. this was over 6 years ago when i didnt know much about lights and i wanted the brightest, smallest light i can find and the 6P was in my price range then. went back to the store last year but they dont carry SF anymore. its hard to find SF lights here in vancouver, i've tried. i agree that buying it here on CPF would be easier.

hey jenks? there are a few ppl here in vancouver that are CPF'ers. do you know any? i know 2 1/2 ppl personally. maybe we can have a get together and light up the sky!?