My vital gear FB1 lessens light output

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I put my third generation kl1 on my VG fb1 and it wasnt so bright, then I put it on a E1E body and it was brighter. I am very dissapointed. The only reasoning is that the springs are too "stretchy." It also blinks alot when I turn it on. And the momentary option is gone because if I try to touch for momentary on, it will blink and change brightnesses. Anyone have the same problems?

-David /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try not to screw in the switch completely until it is tight. The internal circuit board is sensitive to a battery pushing the switch away from the contact. I get the switch set up so it works then use the top of the battery holder to load batteries...SureFire style.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea playing with the balance of the cap is key.I find them wonderful. and as bright(just now tried them both) as the other. and with a R123 li ion a KL-1/VG 1x123/KL-1 is a monster setup. VDG

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys. It is the one with a coil spring. Do you think that stiffening the spring would get rid of these problems?

-David

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kinda surprised that it's the one with the coil spring. The old style had these problems but this is the first I've heard about the new style having them.

-LT

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I guess its becasue the spring isnt stiff.

-David