FT-3C: Better Late than Never

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know I'm a latecomer to this party, but just got my 1st chance to play with an EL FT-3C, courtesy of a very friendly and professional sale from jtice. I'm a novice here, but this is the best throwing luxeon I've tried, and I'm having a lot of fun with it. (It's the original unmodified version, with the optic, not a reflector).

I fashioned a cylindrical AA holder out of PVC pipe, so I could use AA NiMhs, of which I have many, instead of C cells, and I am a happy camper with this set-up.

Agreed, it's not the most elegant light, but it feels sturdy, simple, and you have got to love that beam---it literally lights up the back yard, front yard, or whatever. I'm looking forward to trying it tomorrow at our little ranchito, where there are big fields, and lots of critters to spot.

Thanks to all the CPFers, who educated me some months ago on the merits of this great bang-for-the-buck light. Thanks to them, I knew to snatch one up when I had the chance.

Thanks especially to jtice, not only for his incredibly fast shipping (2 days!), but also for his absolute candor and integrity, in PMing me AFTER the sale, about a very minor blemish and offering me the chance to back out of the deal. That exemplifies all the good in CPF and I am proud to be able to participate in this forum.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
It's members such as yourself and jtice as well that "make" this place! Thanks for being "part of the family"!

Gotta add - we love individuals taking responsibility for their actions and the "self-policing" that members contribute towards the operation & running of the CPF!

Yes I have an FT-3C and it's a keeper! Love the size of it. I kept the C cells in it for a little "heft" and longer runtime, but running rechargeables is a tempting thought!

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Yes, the FT-3C is my favorite DD light. I use 4500mAh NiMh C's in mine, though it works great with akalines.

Bill

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
dsc007846ft.jpg

Swapped out the optics for a relector.

dsc007856oh.jpg

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had one for some time now and it would also have to