The last of the Ultra-G's are...

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
The last of the Ultra-G\'s are...

SO sweet.

here is why. I have left mine on on a well used Duracell Alkaline since aproxiatemately 4 days ago. RIght now it's still produce enough light for me to walk and read by in pitch blackness. Count them, 96 hours. on a used cell. Hell tomorrow this time it still may very well be going strong...

I love these Ultra-G's. I'm glad I bought another couple before they finally ran out.

Nick

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
Re: The last of the Ultra-G\'s are...

Some things are always a constant or will always be remembered as a great product and the old style Ultra-G fits that category well.
I must say that mine are my "go to" lights when I am in need of a small light. I bought about 4 of them before CountyComm ran dry and these are one of the few lights that I always did feel as if I got a bargain.
Remember when they were 15 dollars on the CPF special page? Man what a deal that was and one of the best bargains we have ever seen. My Ultra-Gs are indeed a joy to have and I hated to see them go. The new style is ok however it does not come close to the old one in my opinion.

ChrisA

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
SO sweet.

here is why. I have left mine on on a well used Duracell Alkaline since aproxiatemately 4 days ago. RIght now it's still produce enough light for me to walk and read by in pitch blackness.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's why i still have some regular infinities in my BOB. looooooong runtime on lithium cells.

chris

Luxman

Enlightened

Hi 270,
I also bought a couple of Ultra-Gs. The beams in both of mine have artifacts in them - how are yours??
In general I like the light very much (I also used to have the old dim version until I had to give it to my mother).

Do you think any more will be available??

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mine have a little bit of artifacts, but overall pretty smooth.

THen again these are bare LEDs, so they get scratched all the time, and artifacts can appear over the lifetime of the light too.

According Nick over at CC, these were the last of a batch. But since DoD is rapped up on multiple fronts, they will always need a cheap, reliable, bright, and tough light for the average soldier. Hey, this is the time I thank the lord for our military industrial complex /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I bet CC knows more, but I'll let them do what they do and bring the supplus to us, after all, they are the guys the brought us the 15 dollar Arc AAA's and the Ultra-G's...

Nick

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast

If it helps -

CMG Ultra-G (#2)

UltraG2xBeam.jpg
UltraG2x_clS.jpg

and compared to the CPF favorite -

ArcAAA vs. Ultra-G

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have 2 Ultra-G's, 2 non-G Ultras, and 1 standard Infinity (non-Ultra). They are all awesome lights with incredible runtimes. I love the fact that I can take batteries that are "dead", like ones that have been taken out of a stock MiniMag that would no longer even glow the slightest bit, and still get many hours of use from them.

Not to mention the top-notch durability!

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast

I got a bunch of green (the brighteest of the) non-ultra infinities for $10 each. Great deal on a very usefully bright light, in the old bullet proof infinity form factor. And I think there are more of them out there.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic

I have two Ultra-G's left, and one Ultra, all three white, and a red led Infinity. The red is my all time favorite nite time light.

Bill

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

I never got one of the numbered ones. The example appears to show more 'artifacts' on the numbered one, AFA I can see.