Spotted the Thor 10mcp at Sam's Club

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Spotted the Thor 10mcp at Sam\'s Club

Saw the yellow Thor at Sam's tonight. It's the one with the black-tipped dual-filament bulb and two on-off switches.

They had a charged-up unit on display so I fired it up and aimed at the ceiling. And I was dumb enough to look at the dual filaments while they were operating...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Spotted the Thor 10mcp at Sam\'s Club

yup, I saw that 2 days ago here also.

And yes, I also was looking at the bulb when I turned the display on as I wasn't expecting it to be charged I guess...

But I didn't pick one up... I might have to go back though if I have time.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

Price?

I might have to swing by sams on the way home

Shane

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

Damn, will have to pick at least one up then. LOL you guys arent helping my financial situation.

Shane

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just picked up one of these at costco today and noticed there were two on off switches, but the manual doesn't mention them in anyway. Is there a correct way to turn this light on. I know it's a dumb question, kind of, but It seems like the light is being staged somehow.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

If I recall, when I turned on the leftmost switch (closest to the lens) the dimmer section of the filament came on, and when I turned on the right-hand switch the other section of the bulb lit up with an angry, bluish-white light. What puzzles me is that once the right switch was activated, the left switch didn't seem to do anything when I turned it on or off. Must be some switching logic going on there...?

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks guys! That's one place I already have a membership to! I'll have to stop by the one near me tomarrow and see if they have any! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

I received my Thor from Ebay this morning, and I agree, it's frickin bright!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif
There are two rocker switches on the left side of the unit: the upper one is high beam, the lower one is low beam.
The unit I received is labelled as "THOR-X", is all black in color, and emits a funny odour.
The odour reminds me of a piece of rubber tire (or tyre) being burnt in a Little Chief upright electric salmon smoker.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thats the same Thor i have, but no smell for me.

Shane

megadiy

Newly Enlightened

Yep, Sam's Club in houston has one, got mine charging right now to get ready for a trip to the beach!

Jym

Newly Enlightened

In what states are people finding the Thor at Sams? I want to purchase and our Sams in St. Louis does not have them.

-Jym-

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast

Georgia has them too, or did anyway. Last trip in and I was planning to get one, but they were all gone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

fracmeister

Newly Enlightened

Oops, I am guessin gth HUMMER 10 MM CP post I have is redundant as it looks very similar to this one, but is dark green. I have a faint burning rubber smell as well.

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast

Austin,Texas
chiphead /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

The low beam switch has both the low and high filaments wired in series to reduce half of the current to the bulb, thats why it's really yellow. You could re-wire it like the bulb is supposed to be used in a car, and the low beam would be brighter and not as yellow.