• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD:Bare all. LionCub

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Changed the subject a little and the post alot.
Carried in my pocket in the house a bit and that is all. It does have some blems/light scratches on it, as it is bare. I just wanted to make that clear before anyone gets it and doesn't like it cause it is not perfect.
Bare all. LC for sale SOLD PF plus buyer pays whatever shipping they would like.
I can take cash PP or postal MO only.
Not responsible if it gets lost during shipping, as buyer has the option of paying for insurance. I would prefer to keep this US, as it takes way to long to ship overseas.
Post here "I'll take it" and it's yours without change.

Thanks
mut

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Bare all. LionCub

AWTYD I know what you are saying, but I would just make it all ugly if I carried it. The black seems much more durable for me.
Aw he** I don't know maybe if someone doesn't take it in a couple of days I will keep it.

mut

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
arewethereyetdad said: I always say "Go With The Bare!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

TMI buddy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif kidding.
Ya we know about your bare fetish.
I am just not so comfortable in carrying it bare. Just wierd I guess.

mut

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Jeff, try beadblasting it. Short of a catastrophic gouge of some sort you should never see a mark after that.

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast

Certainly don't want to hijack this thread, but who will do "beadblasting"?

Thank You,

jeffb

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Jeff,

Bead blasting will give it a different texture, but that's it. It's still aluminum and still just as bare, and will wear as much as if it had the same machinined finish on it.

Small hairline scratches hide a little bit better due to the texture, but over time and use the finish will wear and it may be worth redoing.

I've got a friend locally who I built a custom bead blasted Arc LS light for as a gift about 8 months ago, and the texture has become a lot less sharp, and it's covered in minor scratches like what you're worried about and a few dings here and there. Just general wear on the light since he carries it in his pocket daily. I offered to refinish it for him but he declined, saying the marks made it less worrisome for him to carry it since he didn't have to worry about protecting the finish anymore. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

So, in the end, it becomes a matter of preference. I've done a bunch of things both polished and bead blasted, and take the latter more often because I'd get obsessive-complusive buffing out every finger print from it every time I touched it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif Polishing is easy to get back to its original luster by hand, bead blasting lasts longer in its original shape, but is harder unless you have the right tools, and the time to setup and clean up everything when done. (Which isn't so bad if doing multiple parts. Setting up for just one piece isn't much fun.)

Good luck in whatever you decide to do, be it polish, blasting, or just flat out selling the light anyway! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Take care Jeff.

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thank you MR BULK and Endeavour for the insight. I will turn it over in my head.

Jeff
"mut"

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Bare all. LionCub $150.00 plus shipping

Here is the new post for this light and a bump.
[ QUOTE ]
mut said:
Changed the subject a little and the post alot.
Carried in my pocket in the house a bit and that is all. It does have some blems/light scratches on it, as it is bare. I just wanted to make that clear before anyone gets it and doesn't like it cause it is not perfect.
Bare all. LC for sale $150.00 plus buyer pays whatever shipping they would like.
I can take cash PP or postal MO only.
Not responsible if it gets lost during shipping, as buyer has the option of paying for insurance. I would prefer to keep this US, as it takes way to long to ship overseas.
Post here "I'll take it" and it's yours without change.

Thanks
mut

[/ QUOTE ]

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast

Not looking for a trade. If I was and didn't already have something very close to that already....
Thank you for the offer though Benny.

mut

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast

PM replied.
Sold Pending funds.

mut