New Inova T2 design?

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't know if this is old news or not - this pic was sent to me by a reader:

newt2.jpg

Comments? Is it just a T3 in a new package or a new T2 with the T3 optics? Hmmmmm....

matthewdanger

Enlightened
It's news to me! I wonder if it is just in the wrong package.

Even if it is in the wrong package, what happened to the advertised 40 lumens for the T2? That package states 32.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wouldn't a T2 w/T3 optics just be a T3, anyways?

32Lu output..I think it's a T1 w/T3 optics...which sounds interesting...I need a source for this...

-dan

matthewdanger

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
dano said:
Wouldn't a T2 w/T3 optics just be a T3, anyways?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure but I think the T2 has a Lux I and the T3 has a Lux III. I just checked and FlashlightReviews.com confirms that.

This has me intrigued. The package says Tactical 2 and list a 32 lumen output. The packaging for my T2 lists a 40 lumen output and says T2 (not Tactical 2). I believe the T1 is listed as 32 lumens.

Something isn't adding up here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

pbarrette

Enlightened
Hi all,

I've had this light for the last 1.5 months (roughly). Since I don't usually follow the Inova lights (my other Inova is an original design X5), I just assumed this was the T2.

There were 4 at the store when I purchased mine at a cost of roughly $15. I tried them all and chose the one with the least amount of blue tint. It came with 2x Duracell CR123a's pre-installed so it can be tested in-package in the store.

The loading is the same reverse-battery direction as my X5. The light has a decent throw and is bright, but definitely a Lux-I. With fresh batteries in both, the Inova seemed slightly brighter than my SF E1e.

I didn't realize that this was a new style or I would have posted something sooner.

pb

EDIT:
I forgot to mention that it does, in fact, have the Fresnel looking Tiros optic.

matthewdanger

Enlightened
How much is $15 German in U.S. dollars?

I am very intrigued now. It is starting to sound like a T3 body with the same output as the T1. Huh?!?! I wonder what the run time is like...

Quickbeam, is there any chance you will be able to get your hands on a sample for review?

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quickbeam-

Definitely not old news.
As an owner of a T1, T2, T3 and T4 I am very curious.

It is clearly in the T2-T3 family as a 2x123 light. The claimed lumens are lower than the T2 and much lower than the T3.

Also, all of my T series came in boxes with a slide-in plastic insert. This appears to be in one of those hanging plastic, you'll have to blast to get me open packages.

pb got his in Germany. An export only model? A fake?
If they are real and only $15, I'll take two.

More sleuthing needed!

Mark

matthewdanger

Enlightened
If it is a fake, it is a very good fake, or at least the packaging is. It looks just like the packaging that the X1 comes in. They even got the "Try It" sticker right.

I think it is a little odd the the word tactical is spelled out. I have never seen Inova refer to this line as the Tactical#. It is always just T#.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll bet it's a fake, if only because of the packaging - the T2 and T3, where I've been, have always come in boxes - only the X0-series lights have come in the clamshell wrappers. And if it's 15 DEM, then that's like $9.50 USD... Inovas don't go THAT cheaply.

matthewdanger

Enlightened
Quickbeam,
Can you get a larger version of that pic where the text on the package can be read?

I think you are correct Haesslich, I would be very surprised if this was legit.

ChrisA

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
...15 DEM...

[/ QUOTE ]

@haesslich - but you know that we have the EUR since 2002, right ?

the EUR is at ~ 1,2 USD...

chris

matthewdanger

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
ChrisA said:
[ QUOTE ]
...15 DEM...

[/ QUOTE ]

chris

[/ QUOTE ]

That still seems inexspensive for an Inova. Chris A have you seen these lights in person?

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
ChrisA said:
[ QUOTE ]
...15 DEM...

[/ QUOTE ]

chris

[/ QUOTE ]

That still makes it $18.30 USD, which is a sign either the Inova was stolen or it's a cheap Chinese knockoff which ripped off the logos and design for the packaging from the Inova X5 or X0-series lights.

I'm leaning towards the latter, myself.

photophilic1

Newly Enlightened
Inova has cool well made products I ordered 2 white led x1 lights and liked it so much a week later ordered the x5 collection in white,cobalt,green and red... these are cool lights each color offers unique contrast enhancement,does anyone have any info on the rechargeable T4 spot...I am new to the forum...

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Welcome aboard photophilic1! Lots of GREAT information here (mostly practical I'd say! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Have fun - please read the CPF rules & policies...we try to keep the "traffic in these halls" moving and organized.

Better start a "Photon Savings Plan"!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a larger picture and it reads just like all the other Inova light packages... A few quotes:

Effective range up to 200'

Electroncally controlled non dimming light output

two mile signal visibility

Made in USA

Etc.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
It still looks a photocopied/scanned cover to me, especially given that the design is otherwise EXACTLY the same as an XO-series light's package... right down to the 32 lumen rating on the package. That 200' range is straight off the XO package, especially given that the T2's rated only for 175' according to the original docs, and the T3 states it can do 205'.

If you want a picture, try this link - notice how well it matches up with the one you've linked to above. Between the stats claimed (32 lumens, 200' range) and the style of package, I'm still betting it's an unauthorized Chinese copy.

The XO3 has an 80-lumen claim, as does the T3. The T2 claims 40 lumens on its standard 'box' packaging, which is all I've seen in Canada.