Ray-O-Vac Maximum Plus AA's...

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Ray-O-Vac Maximum Plus AA\'s...

Good question. At my Walmart they're the same price as the "regular" Rayovac. Someone (Brock perhaps) did a test with different types of batteries and found that Rayovac batteries did better in brightness and runtime than any other name brand cells. Anyone done a test yet? I don't have a time-lapse camera to keep an eye on my meter, so trying to do battery life tests is extremely tedious.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

Get the Maximums. You won't be sorry and you'll save a bunch of money. I've done head-to-head tests between these and Enegizer and Duracell. They all perform about the same.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ray-O-Vac Maximum Plus AA\'s...

...the price is FAR better than Energizer E2 or Duracell Ultra Alkalines. My question is, how do they compare in terms of overall run-time when compared to the Energizers and Duracells (...in, say, a AA Minimag or something similar)? Anyone who may know, please reply...

PJD

...there is nothing in the world more frustrating than a lousy beam...

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanx for the replies...BTW, has anyone noticed that the Ray-O-Vac Max Plus AA's are a hair shorter than the Energizers and Duracells? I put some in my Stealthlite and noticed that I was getting a slight rattle, and when I moved the light around it had a tendancy to flicker a little. I took the batteries out and compared one in size to an Energizer and a Duracell, and it was about 1-2mm shorter. No big deal...just thought it was a little strange
confused.gif

PJD

...there is nothing in the world more frustrating than a lousy beam...

Saaby

Flashaholic

Durcells seem to be the best batts for lights like these. But for 90% of your stuff that probably has a spring to compensate for 2mm differences, the Rayovacs are great!

Ya see they're able to sell them so cheap because that 1mm of battery times millions of batteries a year adds up to lotsa money
wink.gif