Nichia, where fore art thou?

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep seeing these things come up as premium replacement LED's, I can't seem to find them for sale anywhere.
Do these replace any 5MM Led? If there is a web site available I would love to see it.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like just standard 5mm Nichia LED's ? or something new from Nichia, like a high power model?
Jeff

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats the part I don't know.. Is there a site that displays each LED and it's benefit?
Specificaly to replace existing LED's in a light, for the purpose of making it brighter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the u bin 5 mm nichia led's are the ones you are seeking.
they can replace and are an upgrade for almost any 5 mm led.

a member grumpy may have some or may be doing a group buy.

.87 cents each or so.

I need to get more of them my self

I put one in my inova x1 - it is a lot brighter.

Grumpy

Enlightened
I am ordering some more tomorrow. They should arrive early next week. I am selling them for .87 each here Second Nichia Group Buy
Please see the first post for payment information.
I will sell you any ammount that you would like.
Alot of information on these can be found at the link below. Chimo has done some very good testing. Nichia comparison See first post.

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats what I was after! I will place an order as soon as I figure out the shipping costs with USPS... I am surprised they are so cheap. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif