Throw kings of 2x123 LED? (Excluding KL3)

TimeTraveller

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, may I ask, in your opinions, which lights are the throw kings of 2x123 LED lights? I know that KL3 throws very far away, so I would like to know other opinions...

Thanks for your input!

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Commercially available or all categories incl. mods?
You can squeeze a lot of lumens in a few degrees by putting a LuxV module in a SF turbohead.

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Inova T3(which I believe has the same LED and such as the XO3) is a great thrower also. I suppose if you had the money, you could build a custom LED light just for "throw".

Blades

analogguy

Enlightened
I know it uses only a single CR123, but a BBH on the VIP is impressive. For a 2 cell light, got to agree with jeffb...Aleph 3 is a monsta.

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the Surefire X200 is one of the longest throwing 2 cell LED lights, especially for its tiny size.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
If money isnt a real large concern I'd go with an Aleph3 with a bb750 on 2xr123's with a LuxV. Of course im not known to be a long runtime fanatic. I usually go for as bright as it can be. That aleph combo would work well with a NG1000/LuxIII combo and save yourself $20

Shane

Kiessling

Flashaholic
PM6 LED will throw like the Gladius in theory as it uses a similar reflector. A better one. In reality it depends on the power to the LED, and I do not know the power levels of those lights.
bernie

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, the problem is where do you get it? They dont sell it on the website that flashlightreviews shows. I'de go with the m6 3w HAIII.

-David

Lumen

Newly Enlightened
In my flashlight collection, I notice that the ones with optics tend to "out-throw" those with reflectors. Maybe it's just the way the collimated-beam pattern looks outdoors on a foggy night, as opposed to a flood-beam pattern.

TimeTraveller

Newly Enlightened
Thanks you all for the input! I really overlooked LedXtreme Predator, but I don't want to EDC such a big light...

I used to EDC an Inova XO. I have given it to a friend recently, so I want to buy another one for replacement. XO3/T3 is in my watch list, as well as TL-2 gen.2 (possibly mod it with a LuxIII) and PM6 HA3.

greenLED, I'm definitely looking forward to your result! I heard pretty good comments for Gladius, but to me it's a bit too expensive. If PM6 HA3 with LuxIII can come close or compete with Gladius, then I'll go for PM6.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire E2L Outdoorsman.

dsc008318zr.jpg

dsc002120xx.jpg

Beamshot at 45 Feet on the side of a Condo.

dsc000741oe.jpg

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting