LED LENSER V3

Y

YWLin

LED LENSER V3 (V cubic)

It's a little 1 watt LED light driven by a AA battery. Similar to Fenix L1 but with better construction.
I have made a search. It just appears in Japanese online stores and Yahoo!Auctions Japan .
and it seems that they don't ship worldwide. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Does anyone know that where I can find/buy this wonderful little light outside Japan?

Y

YWLin

Jim,
I have not contact Coast yet.
btw, I cannot find this light on their website.

The_virus

Enlightened
Nice! I have the V^2 Power erm...they all have similar names. Anyways it was a Led Lenser like this one running off 3 AAA's. I think it might even be the black Led Lenser light in the pic of size references, second from the left.

I got it at Lee Valley Tools, which had a surprisingly good selection of Led Lenser products, check there if there's one near you. Maybe they'll only have the 3AAA light I have, but maybe they got new stock...who knows?

Coast is your best bet, their site is annoying since it doesn't have all the available Led Lenser products (last I checked it didn't have the 3AAA Luxeon I mentioned already), but maybe they can tell you if it's "comming soon" or whatnot.

attowatt

Enlightened
yeah...coast is kinda strange like that. I know many here dont fancy the coast products.. I like them. I have the V2 led lenser 1red/6 white led jobber here.

I got this 1 at sportsmans warehouse in ABQ. They had another smaller all black with multiple leds. Is that the 1 your referring to virus ?

Jim

The_virus

Enlightened
Mine is actually a single Luxeon with a tactical switch (ie: can do momentary on) on the tailcap. It's pretty much the 1AA light from the original post, just using 3AAA's in a slightly fatter body. The specific one I own is with the aluminum finish. It has a really weird optic with an inverted cone hollowed out in the lens which appears to be a solid piece of plastic going all the way down to the LED and heat sink.

There was a topic about Led Lenser maybe two months ago, and apparently this light of mine had a reverse clickie at the back originally. Some CPF members mentioned theirs had reverse clickies. I guess Zweibrüder got enough feedback requesting a tactical switch that they did it, because mine was 'tactical' right out of the display box!

As far as I can tell this is the light I own. The literature doesn't mention it, but the sheath came with a black carabiner gate clip as well.

It's really good quality, although probably not waterproof at all. I keep trying to figure out if the beam has a greenish tint, or if I'm just so used to seeing the slight blue tint of other Luxeons. In any case my beam is pretty good since it's not blatantly green or blue, it has a very 'natural' look to it.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I do not know a single site that has all LedLenser variations, not even their own site at www.zweibrueder.com
This is because they are doing so many variations for customers using a different name (like Coast) ... during the time I catred for LedLenser and wanted every single one of them this made me quite mad /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
bernie

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I know this is old but.

Just found what I think is a V3 in my nightstand drawer.

Still had an LED Lenser battery in it.

It still has juice.
I have no recollection of where I got it or when. Just that it was my bedside table light for years.
I put a new copper top in and it was hardly any brighter. Says something for their former batteries.

ven

Flashaholic
Its as old as the thread! :laughing:

You made me dig out a v2 pic !!! i think.......... :laughing:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Its as old as the thread! :laughing:

You made me dig out a v2 pic !!! i think.......... :laughing:

to tell the truth, I aint got a clue what model number mine is.
In Europe it seems to be the V3 triplex by LED Lenser, can't read what the Japanese call it, and at a spanish site they call it an LED Lenser V2 triplex. But in the states it seems it was called the Coast LED Lenser V2 triplex.
I'm unsure of output, but would have to guess 15-25 lumens and battery life? A decade?

Found a new (old) stock red beam and a white beam on amazon in silver (with Coast on the globe). The only black ones I could find are in Denmark.

And it seems over the years it has had numerous configurations of battery power, but all are huge in length.
It musta been a goody back around 00 or 01?

Either way I was pleased to find it today and the oem battery still powering it up was quite the surprise.

^^ the red beam light

^^ and a white beam.

Last edited: