Just bought a Nuwai QIII - question

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aside from it being not the best in efficiency, it is quite good. Supports CR123 and RCR123. Making it DD with a upgraded heatsink will push the led to its limits. Enjoy!

charliek

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
goldserve said:
Aside from it being not the best in efficiency, it is quite good. Supports CR123 and RCR123. Making it DD with a upgraded heatsink will push the led to its limits. Enjoy!

[/ QUOTE ]

The high-low looks great... you have any more left?
What does it take to install it?

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I have limited number of switches left. You are required to send the tail switch PCB to me and i'll mod everything for you. PM me for details if you are interested. Thanks.

charliek

Enlightened
Well, I just got an email that said it shipped.... so it may be a while....

Funny, I ordered it the 11th, and asked about an estimate on delivery via email.... got a email yesterday (the 12th) saying "it shipped"... now, I get an email saying it shipped on the 13th....... I guess it'll get here when it gets here.....

Niteowl

Enlightened
goldserve's dual brightness mod is well worth it.

FYI, some times the supplied battery (Panasonic in my three) does not perform to expectations. It often drops dead with little notice, no moon mode, "short" runtime. I use Battery Station's cells with good results. I've had my first one since August '04 ($58!) and have put it through the wringer with no complants. Only other thing I've done with it is put in a mineral glass lens. Much nicer, my old lens was pretty scratched up.

Hope you enjoy yours!

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
For Rechargable 123 Li-Ion Cells, you can buy from Battery Station, AW or Other Dealers.

If you need Copper Heat Sinks, I will soon have them in stock. you can signup.

R123 + 2 Mode Switch + Heat Sink + TWOK LED will make it a great light Combination of Brightness & Runtime.

You don't even need to change LED coz when you DD it with R123, you will find that it is atleast 2 times bright as compared with Orignal QIII....

charliek

Enlightened
Got it today- very nice- well made, beautiful white beam fre of any artifacts at all- great light for the price.... but if it is 75 lumens, I'll eat my hat.