• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Battery clamp for recharging odd size cells

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Battery_Clamp.jpg

This is what the new ones look like. A few minor changes, including the diameter of the brass hardware. I left the old photo as the new one is a little washed out:
f80a6cbc.jpg

As many of you know, one of these comes in very hand when charging cells that don't fit in a standard size holder. The also make an easy way to test the voltage of a single cell as you don't have to try and hold the multimeter probes on the cell top and bottom.

They are relatively cheap and easy to make provided you can find all the pieces, which was where I had the most trouble. After my searching for the correct pieces, I figured I would see if there is any interest in buying them "ready to use."

The cost is $12.50 for one shipped to you in the US (sorry, no international shipping at this time) or $20 shipped for two. They do not include the alligator clips and cords in the picture. I'm sure some people will say that this is a "rip off" because you can buy the pieces for around $5, but after figuring time and shipping, you will see I will be making little if any profit.

I currently have 2 for sale, but if there is a demand I will offer more of these. Please post if you are interested (this includes international members) with how many you would like, and please note that the price is subject to change over time.

-Mike

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
that's a really clever tool.. i have used a very similar trick using a slightly smaller quickclamp.. but i just wrapped silicone tape aroudn the ends and used it to hold wires..

now i just tend to use magnets.. the hold the steel aligator clips on just fine.. however for a mechanical grip this contraption is an ideal solution and considering the labor a totally fair price as well.

-awr

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks... I'm kind of surprised that there has been no response to these at all. I've made some minor changes to the clamp and should have a new picture up in a few days.

-Mike

wtraymond

Enlightened
I just soldered my charging leads to a couple of those nickle-plated rare-earth magnets. Now I can charge any size battery and the leads won't fall off. It only took a few minutes to make and the magnets are cheap on eBay.

marcspar

Enlightened
Re: FS: Battery clamp for recharging odd size cell

I want one also!

Thank you,

Marc

vontech

Newly Enlightened

I'll be greedy and take TWO! Please PM me with payment and shipping details.

I realize that you may have to make more ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks!

Tom

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've added you all to "the list." My new version is slightly different so I will post pictures to make sure each of you still want them. The pics should be up by this weekend, and the first batch should ship out early next week.

Anyone else who is interested please post and I will reserve you a spot on the list.

-Mike

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast

"The List" in second post updated. Batch number 1 is ready to ship as soon as payment is received.

Batch #2 will consist of 3 to 6 more, which are all still up for grabs.

-Mike

vontech

Newly Enlightened

Should I use the address in your profile to Paypal you?

Tom

vontech

Newly Enlightened

Any word on when more of these will be available?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
I could use one, but I'll need an American shipping address for this one... and maybe some heavy-gauge cable with banana plugs for connecting these to a Triton, if anyone knows where I can order some.