Streamlight Propolymer Lux - extremely impressed!!

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
I've been interested in getting one of these for quite a while after reading all the favourable reviews. I finally got one in from pocketlights.com (usual excellent service) and am absolutely blown away by this light.

What's not to like about it? Very cheap, tough, well built, waterproof, uses cheap AAs (and runs fine on NiMHs), and that incredible beam - smooth, bright, pure white, killer throw.

Strange that after spending lots of $ on lots of lights, my two favourites are now the cheap plastic ones, UK4AA eLED and SL ProPoly Lux /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Way to go Streamlight and UK!

txmatt

Enlightened
Glad you like the Propoly Lux AA. I have two of them and have been very impressed as well. They've all but replaced my Surefire G2 as they don't give up all that much in performance while offering ~3 times the runtime at a fraction of the battery cost on NiMHs. I think they're great lights, especially for the price.

matthewdanger

Enlightened
Re: Streamlight Propolymer Lux - extremely impress

GadgetNerd,
I'm glad you like your ProPoly Lux!

I think one of the ProPolymer Luxeons will be my next light... but which one? Now that there is a 3C available as well as the 4AA, I can't decide.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have been using mine every day. The yellow poly makes it easier to find.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 2 Propolymer's. One for work and I keep one in my ride.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
How bright is this sucker, compared to some other common lights? Looks nice. I'm assuming it's brighter than the 4AA Eled?

matthewdanger

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Phaserburn said:
How bright is this sucker, compared to some other common lights? Looks nice. I'm assuming it's brighter than the 4AA Eled?

[/ QUOTE ]

The stats on these are impressive for the price... I take that back, the stats on these are just plain old impressive at any price.

You can see both the 4AA and newer 3C here. Look at those numbers for throw! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

pradeep1

Enlightened

I just got my ST Propoly Lux and it seems I can hear rattles in it....the batteries especially when struck from the side. You'd think the batteries wouldn't rattle one bit in such a nice little flashlight.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

I had one, sold it, then regretted it, so I ordered (2) more last week. They arrived last night. These are very nice lights, especially for the price.

Does SL make a 2xAA equivilant?

pradeep1

Enlightened

To stop the battery rattle, I folded a piece of paper and stuck it in the battery compartment. That won't cause a fire or anything will it?

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast

WOW, that is a VERY intense beam.

Bob

Crow

Newly Enlightened

It is rather intense, definitely hotter than the T4, but for this picture I concentrated on sidespill rather than the beam so the hotspot is overexposed etc. However the camera settings were the same for both shots. Amazing flashlight.

gadgetnerd

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
pradeep1 said:
To stop the battery rattle, I folded a piece of paper and stuck it in the battery compartment. That won't cause a fire or anything will it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope not, since I do exactly the same thing with most of my flashlights!

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast

There is usable spill light but I'd give up some of the throw for a bigger hotspot but that's just me. I still do not regret purchasing this light at all.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*

Can you use lithium AA's in this light? And if you can does it extend the runtime any?

Mr. Blue

Enlightened

this light rocks...awesome throw, good spill for walking...LITHIUMS NOT GOOD...(according to the literature and posts here...)

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*

Thank you Mr. Blue.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast

Considering that some of us (like me) have spent many hundreds or a few thousand on lights, its a little disconcerting (or maybe refreshing) to think the we could get by just fine with nothing more than a Streamlight Propoly Lux and a cheap AAA Dorcy, you know?

best regards