• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Sold: Orb RAW w/ U-bin and Green Tritium

Doc

Enlightened
Sold: Orb's RAW with U-binned Lux III, green tritium and Raw Keyring. Comes with CR2, Plastic case. I would keep this light but I need lights with the knurling on them. $110 shipped US non CC paypal. Not responsible for items lost during shipping. Doc.

Doc

Enlightened
Re: FS: Orb RAW w/ U-bin and Green Tritium

You got it! PM sent! Doc.

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast

quickdraw mc dimebag.... 9 minutes might be a record.. i was going to try to snap it up for my buddy Fred who made mine soooo nice.

-aw

dimebag

Newly Enlightened

No doubt I'm stoked to anything Ubin! This will be my first one. How do I make it "nice"?

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast

you turn the body into the head :-D.. all that ya need to do.. it's completely awe-inspiring.

personally.. id do nothing extra special to it.. it will inhibit your proclivity to use it daily.. which you should do... i have the gold one and it's 'too nice' to use as my EDC but i do carry it to show off in my buttpack.. maybe find a nice thin lanyard that'll fit into the groove on the back to decrasee the chance of loosing it and keep the battery charged full 'cause with 12min runtime and DD... brightness will drop pretty fast.. also.. i discharged mine more than i'd care to.. i think t might be an H in there because the voltage got a lot lower than my nanos do when it discharged.

-awr

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

dimebag,

You send it to me, I'll polish it super smooth, then send it out for some Flash Chrome, which give you a unique RAW--Rockwell hardness of 70-72, harder than HAIII.

Pic of a prototype Groovy! in Flash Chrome (this was not super polished before plating):
FlashChromeGroovy2.jpg

The bad news is that this will cost ya, since you bought the light before I could. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast

whatever fred charges it's worth it.. basically it cost me $100 to have fred polish and plate my RAW.. and i'm not sure how long it took him to polish it but it was less per hour than i charge.. that i'm sure.

can you 'flash chrome' on aluminum, fred? or is it an EN under flash chrome or something? I know chrome doesn't go on aluminum directly..

ps that groovy looks groovy no doubt.

-awr

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

Can you do that to a TK McLux? Everything is EN accept the Ti clip.

dimebag

Newly Enlightened

I got the RAW in the mail today. This light is soooo cool! It flat out screams! I really like the way it looks stock w/ the tritium. I don't know but it looks like it might have been upgraded internally because it has a nice aluminum reflector and spacer. What an awsome yet simple design. I love it. Thanks Doc!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Doc

Enlightened

Glad to see you got it enjoy! Doc.