Nuwai 3 D cell 3 X 3watt luxeon light

Tritium

Enlightened
This light has problems! I have several Q3's and have been well pleased with them but this light doesn't match up to the quality I have come to expect from Nuwai. The three luxeons are from different color bins (two are greenish and one very bluish). With brand new duracells one led began to flicker with only 3 minutes of run time on the light. This would indicate to me at least one low vf binned luxeon that is being grossly overdriven voltage wise. This light and the 3 X 1 watt light that came with it are being returned to the vendor. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif I hope this is not a statement of declining quality in future Nuwai products.

Thurmond

rick88

Newly Enlightened
Got mine from B/S/T thread. Electrolumens was selling some before. Now I think the best deal is at Amondotech. Comes with a plastic tube + spring for the 4 C conversion + 3 x 1 light.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of my Luxeons had a greenish color tint. I made Nikola Tesla mod kit and now the greenish color tint is not as noticeable.

This is a picture of the kit.

The kit is very easy to make.

Nikola Tesla Mod Thread

dsc003174cz.jpg

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Tritium

Enlightened
Got it from AmondoTech but they do not reply to e-mails requesting replacement for the faulty LUX Star. I purchased the triple 1W and the triple 3W with the "Tesla" kit and received them last Friday. The 3 X 1W is OK. I am troubled that Amondotech will not contact me back. It seems that they should be better if they want to do business with CPF members.

Thurmond

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you have to call them.

I am having problems trying to get an RMA number to ship an item back. I've emailed 5 times, it's been about 20 days with no answer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

A

AmondoTech

Sorry for the late reply. We are extremely under staffs so things may not get taken care immediately.

If you have any concerns, you can email me at [email protected]. I will forward your email to the appropriate person.

You can also call 408-747-1123.

Regards,
Wayne

A

AmondoTech

Oh! We are trying to sell 3X 3 Watts at an unbelieveable price. The reason is that we don't think the quality of 3X 3Watt as we expected. After modification kits, the quality gets improved a lot.

As for Luxeon lights, the color quality is like lottery picks. We can't guarantee that the LED lights will be 100% white. In addition, our warranty is to cover faulty products not the quality of LED light. We can't possible to sort LED lights before shipments.

Regards,
Wayne

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wayne,

Thanks for replying to my email! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goodjob.gif

Tritium

Enlightened
Turns out the luxeon was not at fault (flickering). There were aluminum shavings (turnings) left over from the manufacturing process that had found their way into the switch assembly. I cleaned them out and the light works fine now. AmondoTech did issue an RMA but it is no longer needed. Thanks Wayne.

Thurmond /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif