Batteries at Ingles

Ratso

Enlightened
It seems that about every month, consistenntly, my local Ingles grocery store always sells Rayovac Alkaline AA 4 for a $1. Of all the places, Ingles, and its the cheapest I've ever seen. Not even the 48 pack of generics at Walmart match that price.

But I'm starting to wonder why they are so cheap. Maybe they have some minor (unnoticeable) defects?

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
At a Walgreens shareholder meeting some years ago they commented on the fact that their generic brand batteries were made by the same factory and same machines as duracell and energizer. Actually, I remember the story told by the CEO as something like "On Monday and Tuesday they make Duracells, on Wednesday and Thursday they make Energizers and on Friday they make Walgreens brand batteries"

I don't know if thats true anymore, or if it ever was but I have often purchased walgreens batteries and they are inexpensive and perform very well. So if you're looking for inexpensive but good batteries you may want to stop in a walgreens if Ingles is out of Rayovacs;)