• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired ALL SOLD POP2 V2.31 TXOH sammies

cgpeanut

Enlightened
I have 2 TXOH POP2 V2.31 available for $59.95 shipped. I will not be responsible for lost or damaged mail

* EDIT: Latest and Greatest Version is now V2.31 *

Firmware update from V2.30 to V2.31

On V2.31 we changed the current mode 2 groovy style to mode 1. This is to make the POP2G mode as default.

PAYMENT INFO:

paypal address: [email protected]

CC Funded paypal please add 4%: [email protected]

Important Note: First to post here "I'll take it" takes PRECEDENCE over pm's.

The POP2 v2.30 is a total rewrite from POP2 v2.25 and POP2G v2.27. It share many basic components, the overall logic of deciding what action to be taken is a new algorythm.

POP2-UI-231-mode%20selection.png

POP2-UI-231-mode1.png

POP2-UI-231-mode2.png

POP2-UI-231-mode3.png

POP2-UI-231-mode4.png

img_0003.jpg

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: POP2 V2.30 TYAH sammies

Standard form-factor sammies? very nice idea.

Shane

cgpeanut

Enlightened

Yep,

works on Minimags, Firefly II, CNC123, standard sammie cofiguration. I will add a tab for the FF2 if requested.

img_0835.jpg

img_0006.jpg

img_0778.jpg

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have been doing some R & D for my own MM2AA Mod... ....

What's the OD for Outermost components ?

the reason is ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif ....

DCP_4793b.jpg

I wish I had knew about this earlier....

cgpeanut . . can you please post the picture of Populated Board of Sammie.. I had been looking for similar thing... here

cgpeanut

Enlightened
Re: POP2 V2.31 TYAH sammies

Here's the instruction chart on how to switch modes.

POP2-UI-231-mode%20selection.png

@ViRen That Masters Degree in Thermal Dynamics is really paying off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Your Heat sink might work but there is a big chance of short since I'm using header pins to connect the POP2 to the emitter board.

img_0002.jpg

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast

i aint any master... really... just had been edu. in that feild as one of my subjects /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif...

....an insulating sleve can help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

cgpeanut

Enlightened

Firmware update from V2.30 to V2.31

On V2.31 we changed the current mode 2 groovy style to mode 1. This is to make the POP2G mode as default.

That was fast /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wow.gif we were just discussiing it a few hours ago

rikvee

Enlightened

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/takeit.gif , /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/paypal.gif one sammie for a FireFly, I think you'll be very POPular, mr peanut!

cgpeanut

Enlightened

rikvee, Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif I will ship tomorrow morning, I think this is the ultimate POP2 version IMO,

simplicity of the POP2G as default UI in MOde 1

combination of 3 brightness level settings in mode 2 & 3 + strobe

4 brightness level settings in mode 4 + sos

DJ Hit the ball out of the PARK on this one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

baram

Newly Enlightened

I've been waiting for this.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/takeit.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/paypal.gif for one POP2 V2.31 TYAH sammies. Please add a tab for the FF2.
Thanks.
Hyun

greenLED

Flashaholic

Is it just me being thick? I don't understand how these work, and instructions like:

"Power off while the light is off to keep the current mode."

are not helping. How can you turn the light off if it's already off? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

djpark

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
greenLED said:
Is it just me being thick? I don't understand how these work, and instructions like:

"Power off while the light is off to keep the current mode."

are not helping. How can you turn the light off if it's already off? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It means switch the power off when the light output is off. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

greenLED

Flashaholic

shooooo, take the batteries out? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gifx2

jdriller

Flashlight Enthusiast

POP2 is switched by a series of clicks (on's and off's)The light will blink on/off on/off on/off etc. To choose a mode, (let's say mode 2) wait for the second blink, and while it is on, click the switch. You have now chosen mode 2.

If you are in the mode menu, and you click between flashes (light is off), it will remain in the same mode you are in. No changes.

The light is not really "off". It is in a menu.

After you play with it for a while, you get the hang of it. It really is amazing what the POP2 can do.

The worst part of the whole thing is the kroll switch. Boy, I wish someone would make this switch bullet proof. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

I haven't been very successful in using a POP2 in any "kroll clicky" based light. I prefer the POP2 in a twisty configuration, such as the FF-II or Jil lights.

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast

I give up and this is driving me nuts! I must be MUCH thicker than you are greenLED! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I have one of the v2.27 from the last batch advertised with copper heat sink. First, I can see no copper heat sink and second, these are so hard to figure out, it's blowing my mind! Really, I'm not EXTREMELY stupid but trying to learn these things sure makes me feel that way! I haven't noticed one post from anybody complaining they're having ANY difficulty figuring these out. I salute you all!

I've been clicking away with this thing since I received it a few days ago and have just about worn the Kroll switch out! I first tried it in a FireFly with no luck and have it now in a MMM with Kroll.

All I could do is get one mode, which seemed like about "medium" brightness. All the clicking in the world couldn't bring up another mode.

I PM'd Roberto, (who tried to be very helpful), and played with it some more and I did get it to strobe and I think I got high and low mode but I'll be damned if I know how to do it again as it was just dumb luck.

Funny Ray, because I had NO luck with the twist activation like on the FF. Too bad you just couldn't click or turn once for low, again for high, again for strobe and yet again for SOS.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

Gene, I did have issue when I first got these POP2's. It took me a bit. Do this.... put the sammie in the FireFly and turn it on once. Tell me what happens. Turn it off. Wait a few seconds, then turn on for one second (you'll see a flash), then off and on agin and tell me what happens. It should look differently. Do this sequence as quickly as you can.

jdriller

Flashlight Enthusiast

I wore out a Kroll and a thumb before I got the hang of it. It works much better with a QIII.

The trick with the click is to click fast enough. You have .7 sec to click (before the little blink) If you miss it, you go back to where you started. If you click two times, you go to the next mode.

I am just as stupid as anyone, and I must admit that I had a lot of problems at first.

One piece of advice, don't keep clicking as fast as you can! Stop, keep the light on for a few seconds, and try again. This allows the light to lock itself into a mode. Quick clicking keeps changing modes.

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks much for the advice jdriller but that sure seems like a lot to remember especially if you're using other lights in between using the light with the POP module. I guess I'm just not a techno sort of guy and menus are just not intuitive to me. We old guys had a hell of a time learning how to use computers! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif