made me freid rice yummy

raggie33

*the raggedier*
this is how i did it may not be corect .ok i a course used a cast iron skilet(idont like fancy nonstick opans ya cant absue them as much) ok i put a litle oil in skilet then i got 2 eggs beat em added a bit a soy sauce then i poured it in pan covered it let it sit on medium. whilke that was doing i cut up a small steak in small peieace use the fat to yummy. also opened peas can and diced a onion once eggs are done i just use spatula to cut em into small peice while there in pan cast iron dont have to worry about scratching.then i put the eggs in a bowl with the peas. then add onions and steaks to pans and brown em both.then put them in bowl with eggs and peas then i add about 1 ounces a oil to pan let it get to medium hgeat or higher.then add cooked rice to il stiring it around for like 3 minutes then i add the rest a ingreinets and soy sauce and then i eat it with a bra on my head

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
raggie - where did you get that bra? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

We took some really inexpensive beef - cheaper than stew meat - and put it in a widemouth pint jars. Squirted in about a tablespoon of that liquid margarine and about a quarter teaspoon of salt.

Put it them in a pressure cooker, properly exhausted some air out of it, put the little weight on (10 lbs psi) and pressure cooked the beef for 110 minutes.

Ok, now I have 12 jars of the most tender, juicy beef for a great price - can do all sorts of things with it (noodles, rice, chili, soup, etc...).

Ok - Fried Rice - yep sounds like you got a great meal there! Here's what we did.

We grew some broccoli, picked some - cut it up with fresh carrots & onions. Threw a little butter in the frying pan and started cooking up the veggies.

Meanwhile, cooked up some great rice. Veggies are looking cooked, added the rice (with some teriyaki & soy sauce -hmmmm, seems you could add some mushrooms too?).

Added a jar of our canned beef (with the juice it makes - after we skimmed off the fat).

Then we scrambled up some raw eggs and poured that on top of the rice and cooked it until it was done. Seems we put some garlic in as well.

Yeeeeehaw - GOOD EATIN' and not too expensive!

You don't have to use pressure cooked beef though, leftover steak, hamburger, ham, chicken - it's all good!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
sounds good sig.i love to eat and love to eat cheap.i never ever eat out but i eat pretty good.hect ya can spend more at mcdonalds then we probaly spent on are whole meal

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
this is how i did it may not be corect .ok i a course used a cast iron skilet(idont like fancy nonstick opans ya cant absue them as much) ok i put a litle oil in skilet then i got 2 eggs beat em added a bit a soy sauce then i poured it in pan covered it let it sit on medium. whilke that was doing i cut up a small steak in small peieace use the fat to yummy. also opened peas can and diced a onion once eggs are done i just use spatula to cut em into small peice while there in pan cast iron dont have to worry about scratching.then i put the eggs in a bowl with the peas. then add onions and steaks to pans and brown em both.then put them in bowl with eggs and peas then i add about 1 ounces a oil to pan let it get to medium hgeat or higher.then add cooked rice to il stiring it around for like 3 minutes then i add the rest a ingreinets and soy sauce and then i eat it with a bra on my head

[/ QUOTE ]

That is an awesome fried rice recipe, I know because I use something like that. Living in Asia I don't have to compromise when it comes to fried rice, you can get some of the BEST around here (sorry, nothing like what the "Chinese" restaurants in the US whip up).

Well done raggie, you've hit upon the combination that is closer to the real thing than any other. Some substitute bacon for the steak, but you definitely have the right idea when it comes to the fat, onions and soy sauce - these are the essentials. Egg is important too. A little more variety can be had with frozen mixed vegetables (corn, peas, carrots) as opposed to plain peas, depending on personal preference.

Here's where I deviate from the norm - you would be surprised what real American ketchup adds to fried rice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif alternatively you could always stir in some Asian chilli sauce and enjoy it that way, most of the bottled stuff you find at Asian groceries is fine.

You sound like a naturally good cook - keep it up! Can we get some pictures of the food? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif (if you need a place to host let me know)

AuroraLite

Enlightened
Just about dinner time and looking at this thread makes me hungry! Haha...cool post! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I don't know why but as far as I remember it is a love in first sight, and until today I am still attached to fried rice as ever. Probably some kind of weird fried-rice-complex. But FWIW:

1) Use cooked rice left overnight. Not in the fringe for long or rice off the cooker, so it would stick together too much, and the flavor can 'go into' the rice.

2) Inner-yellow vs Outer-yellow. Two different school of how to handle the eggs--some folks like to toast in the eggs after the rice is in the pan(inner yellow). So the rice will turn golden yellow and the eggs are mixed in with the rice. Some others like to keep them seperate (outter yellow). I simply combine two methods.

3) Really fine chopped green onions and onions. Pan fried them slowly to light brown before toasting the rice in, and it will give the rice a really rich flavor even without the too much soy source.

Now, I am really hungry.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i may try rgg foo yung today i tryied it befor e and it went kind bad but not to bad lol

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man Raggie, you jump started my stomach this morning. One of the best things I have eaten was fresh fried rice from a hibachi. I think I might give it a try at home. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Ordin_Aryguy

Newly Enlightened
Find some light soy sauce, too. Not the low-sodium "Lite" stuff, it's nasty. Rather, use the light, as in "not dark" soy sauce. Its' flavor is not as sharp as the normal, really dark stuff that we're all so used to.

I'll second using the frozen veggies in fried rice, too.

Another decent addition is a tablespoon, or so, of oyster sauce.

Ordin

Latest posts