we are about to get slamed

raggie33

*the raggedier*
man it is getting so dark so fast and there are warnmings on tv i love storms..they are so relaxeing

loalight

Enlightened
me too, raggie- that is the main thing I miss from Oregon and Washington and even Connecticut- big honking storms. the ones that demonstrate that nature is the real boss.

have fun!

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
man it is getting so dark so fast and there are warnmings on tv i love storms..they are so relaxeing

[/ QUOTE ]

He he. I think all flashaholics love storms. On the other hand, y'all be careful.

Paul

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish I was there. I love storms big time, even stand out on the roof to watch them sometimes ( /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/duh2.gif ).

Unfortunately, we're in the middle (I'd like to think the end) of a huge drought here, so we don't see many storms. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you guys hear about the Emily hitting Mexico. I heard horror story of people hiding in basement of really old hotel. The toilet didn't work. There were backup sewage everywhere. The stench was overwhelming.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I love a good roaring thunderstorm; such a neat display of power, and the air smells so clean and "alive" afterwards. I could do without tornadoes though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/duh2.gif

fore

Newly Enlightened
Storms are great. They also make the house feel much more comfy. The sound of the rain pelting the roof and windows relaxes me too. I love being outside when the clouds roll in, but the rain never hits. There's just a wierd calmness and then deafening crashes of thunder and arcs of light cascading to the horizon.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I think the freshly ionized air has something to do with the sense of calm and refreshment that many people (myself included) feel after a good thunderstorm. I believe that this affects animals in a positive way also.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Woke up to a thunderstorm this morning. We had a modest amount of rain but lots and lots of lightning. What a treat, having all of those special effects at the beginning of the day.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif