ArmyTek
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Sign Up for the

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Sign Up for the \"Gattling\" (Flashlight reinven

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mpr.gif[/img] wheww ! Just made it ! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif[/img]

I'm interested, 10 hours too late!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

[ QUOTE ]
    PoliceScannerMan said:
    I'm interested, 10 hours too late!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe not ! Send a PM to Walter (mobile1), there may be a couple available if the non-responders decide to back out.

I'm hopeful and optimistic that there will be more runs in the near future. Based on Walters R+D and attention to detail, I expect this light to become very popular when the multi level and K2 comes on line. (I know I'll want another one !) [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Flashaholic

I would like one if someone drops out. Pleaase email me what you need from me.

Update:
    Hi everyone, here is an update. The lights are being manufactured at this moment. We'll have a first prototype ready in about a week (will be a 168S version). There we make sure that everything works as intended, make changes if needed, before we move on to have them all produced. So far we are within schedule of November delivery.

PoliceScannerMan and dbedit I have made a couple more lights then what I have originally needed. However meanwhile I have had quite a bit of interest in this light from non cpf sources (friends and family). So if I have any lights left I'll contact you.

For this first run, there will be only a total of 40 lights - no more. These here are the people signed up:

ChocolateLab33
    Dr_Joe
    flex76italy
    rhutchinson
    Wasabe64
    indenial
    JimH
    nrk
    wmpwi
    Stillphoto
    Karlthev (got the check, thanks)
    Free
    Elakazam
    fore (got the check, thanks)
    flashlight
    Andreas
    Andreas
    Amorphous
    Amorphous
    NikolaTesla
    Carpe Diem
    Carpe Diem
    GADGETOMETRY
    Trashman
    PhotonFanatic
    Panzergrennie
    Lars
    alauda
    alauda
    Vifam
    christrose
    mobile1
    mobile1
    mobile1
    mobile1
    mobile1
    mobile1
    mobile1
    mobile1
    mobile1

For Serial number requests, please send an email to mobile1 aat gmx.ch . If you have expressed your preferences already you don't need to send an email.
    Last edited by mobile1; 08-30-2005 at 05:58 PM.

The Pila version is, I believe, 168S. The 168S is the same diameter as a CR123. Using the 168S, the only difference in the light is the length of the rods. A 168A is fatter and would require more to be changed then just the rods. (and being the the Pila model requires extra payment for the longer rods only, it's gotta be the 168s!)

Default Re: Sign Up for the "Gattling" (Flashlight reinvented)

UPDATE THE LATEST THREAD REGARDING THE GATLIGHT (or Gatling LIght) is here

UPDATE: yeah to accomodate the 168A the light would need to be thicker (1.25inch) which I thought is too bulky. THe problem is mostly that in the back there is already so much going on (battery lid, turn on/off knob, battery water sealing + watersealing of knob and battery lid). I think if we can do a multi brightness level switch maybe in the future, we might gain some space in the back to accomodate the 168A. Right now its the 168S - We should have a prototype in a couple of days to test the light....
    Then we ran some tests regarding the driver.... it's working great, the LED at max brightness gets 995mA anyway we'll do brightness/temperature/runtime tests soon, and I'll post the results as soon as I have them.

We still need to tweak the feature we think will add 15% runtime compared to other drivers. At the moment the light is flickering (with the feature enabled), but the guy in charge thinks that we need to tweak one component and it will probably work. Anyway that would be nice bonus I think...

Then we have found a very creative way to offer a very unique light using mostly the same components but with a different look... Once we have a prototype I'll post some pictures - all I can say there is, HOLD ON TO YOUR WALLET.

Oh then I got this super strong glow paint for those who ordered glow painted batteries - I am pretty impressed how bright the paint is - I'll do some tests on batteries soon...
    Last edited by mobile1; 09-06-2005 at 12:30 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345