Favorite recipe database?

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Anyone have a "favorite" recipe database? Yeah, I could use Access or Excel - just looking for prewritten wares.

I hear Meal Master is a good one (and free too!).

Any thoughts, opinions, & info would be appreciated!

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I'm bookmarking these sites - thanks!

However, I'm actually looking for some practical, easy to use software for home use. Got to get all those "home favorites" archived!

I absolutely just hate it when I ask the wife, "Dear, how about we have some of (insert food/recipe of choice) tonight or tomorrow" and the answer is, "I'll have to find the recipe".

Next thing ya' know it's, "Well I can't find that recipe"...aaaauuuughhhhh!

Soooooo, she got her own computer now - and I'm "helpin' her to use it"! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aside from one site with a bunch of recipes I'll just enter the main ingredients I have on hand in google friendly code +chicken +rice +"cream of mushroom soup" +recipe . Usually after looking at a few links I get something to base that nights dinner on.

danielo_d

Enlightened
I third http://www.foodtv.com/.

[Especially after you guys got me hooked on Rachel Ray. ;-) ]

Danno.

Oops, you're looking for a pre-packaged db.
Well, you could copy your favorite online recipes and save them into Excel or Access.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i love watching the foods chanel all exceeeept the french and italion themeds ones. i love racheal ray .only probel is i neve rhave the ingrediants they call for. always msising like 4 of em lol/so i just watch em to learn i also used to like that guy with the red ssspenders and he talked cajun he was good.also liked this asisan guy he is not on to much any more i think he was on pbs a lot

CajunBabe

Newly Enlightened
Raggie,
The guy with the red suspenders you are thinking of is Justin Wilson. He passed away in September of 2001. He was the best, not only a great cook but quite a commedian. He is very missed in South Louisiana.

CajunBabe

vontech

Newly Enlightened
As for pre-written software, MASTERCOOK has been around for almost 10 years now -- I think it's in version 8 by now.

Just do a google search to find it. Very capable database, can include pictures, find recipes to match the ingredients you specify, nutritional data, shopping lists and more.

You can find it at Amazon, for one, at about $19.

Worth the small price!

Tom

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it was either MasterCook or Betty Crocker that has an easy method for importing data from websites. Haven't used either for years, though.

Try online searching the recipes at Wegmans.com and Epicurious.com. Both have good information about techniques as well as just recipes.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
CajunBabe said:
Raggie,
The guy with the red suspenders you are thinking of is Justin Wilson. He passed away in September of 2001. He was the best, not only a great cook but quite a commedian. He is very missed in South Louisiana.

CajunBabe
yep good ole justin wilson man he was funny .and boy coulld he cook.i love food