This must be snail mail

luminaria

Newly Enlightened
I have just received a small envelope containing two tritium vials. I ordered them on March 12, 2005 from Orb. It is stamped with March 26, 2005 so it took more than 4 months to arrive from UK to Spain!

Of course I already had ordered and received other vials and thought this shipment was lost forever. Before this my personal record on slowest mail was 4 weeks.

Have you had any similar experience?

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow now that's slow! my record is just over 5 weeks but 4 months .. again wow

doug

moeman

Enlightened
i mailed a Money order to canaca once and it took three months...
and that was with Global Priority!
man, when it rains it pours...

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
Worked for the Post Office decades ago.

Was dumping mail bags one night, and found an Air Mail letter from a South American country, which had been Post Marked nine years earlier.

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sent a NEOCA BL to a fellow ( /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif ) CPFer and it took more than 2 months...

And to be fair with th US Post, it took 1.5 months for a package sent via EMS the other way to arrive in Buenos Aires...

Both times it made me happy to know that the package wasn't lost.

Pablo

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with the USPS in any way.

To be fair: The USPS processed 206,105,744,000 pieces of mail in year 2004. Yes, that's 206 BILLION pieces of mail. That's just incredible, if you ask me!

If the error or delay rate is even a minute fraction of a percent, we're still talking about alot of mail here.

They're not perfect, but all things considered, I think the USPS does a pretty darn good job. Mail is kinda like telecom; you only get noticed when something goes wrong...