• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Peak LED Solutions Q&A - Part 4

chimo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since Part 3 is now closed....

rdshores had a question on who manufacturers the Snow 29 LEDs. I think the question got swamped/missed due to the other post /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif. I would like to know the answer as well so here is a free bump.

MJ, can you provide the answer?

Paul

DallasA

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
chimo said:

rdshores had a question on who manufacturers the Snow 29 LEDs. I think the question got swamped/missed due to the other post /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif. I would like to know the answer as well so here is a free bump.

Paul

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sorry guys I can not provide that information, however I can say someone will figure it out if they have not already.

MJ

chimo

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
DallasA said:
[ QUOTE ]
chimo said:

Paul

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sorry guys I can not provide that information, however I can say someone will figure it out if they have not already.

MJ

[/ QUOTE ]

I will assume that this is to protect "trade secrets". However, claims have been made on the Peak site with beam pics comparing the "Snow 29" to the Nichia CS. There are also some inferences that the Nichia CS LEDs in other products will have a shorter lifespan. It feels like a "trust me - ours is better" statement. While this type of statement may work with a less informed audience, I believe many people at CPF are a little more curious than the average customer.

So, while it is easy to obtain the Nichia data sheet, it is a PITA to go through all the LED manufacturers to find one that produces a white LED with a 29 cd bin. Hopefully, some one will come up with the info and inform the CPF populace. Well, thanks for providing an answer - now I can start a search instead of waiting.

DallasA

Enlightened
Man I keep learning something new everyday! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

I need some help! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

For anyone that has got one of are units in the last 3 weeks that has a way to measure the light does not matter how help me with a finding of mine ( a theory )

We have been taking a closer look at batteries, and we ran across something that is very interesting.

When we were doing are test like we always do when units are ready to go out we are getting different reading on the batteries we use.

This is what we found. The batteries we use and supply with the units have a metal oxidize on them.

When we removed this we found the numbers were normal and coming out the same.

So here is were I would like to see if some of you can help me. If you can do this.

The battery is " Toshiba " Take a reading write it down and then take the battery and just lightly rub the top of the positive contact point of the battery with a peace of sad paper " Just lightly "

Then take another reading and then let me know what your findings were, please!

Thank you in advance for helping me with this!

MJ

sbebenelli

Enlightened
I get 1.5v before and 1.5v after. It was with the Toshiba battery that came with my Matterhorn.

Bigwing

Newly Enlightened
1.6 V before and the same after ( 3 LED Matterhorn Ultra , bought from the german distributor ) .

Regards ,

Jürgen

Bigwing

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Archangel , I guess you´re probably right . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Regards ,

Jürgen

Brock

Flashaholic
Of the two I have it isn't the battery, at least not at the battery itself. Hey I wonder if it could be the connection to the body?

TIN any thoughts on that?

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Brock said:
Of the two I have it isn't the battery, at least not at the battery itself. Hey I wonder if it could be the connection to the body?

TIN any thoughts on that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wish I did. In my case, it's certainly not a contact issue between the cell and bezel positive terminal. It's not a battery voltage issue either. All that being said, something is wrong. I find it heard to believe that anyone would knowingly build something that inconsistant.

DallasA

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
sbebenelli said:
I get 1.5v before and 1.5v after. It was with the Toshiba battery that came with my Matterhorn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sorry I should have stated light out put.

Thanks,

MJ

DallasA

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
All that being said, something is wrong. I find it heard to believe that anyone would knowingly build something that inconsistant.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree something is wrong with the units you have, however I think it is way out of line to make a statment of " knowingly" when it could be something very simple. Speaking knowingly Mr. TIN ( My Apologies on useing last name ) could you please vist me in the underground when you get a chance. I would like have a open discusion with you.

Thank you in advance for you time!

MJ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Edit: Last Name

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
DallasA said:
[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
All that being said, something is wrong. I find it heard to believe that anyone would knowingly build something that inconsistant.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree something is wrong with the units you have, however I think it is way out of line to make a statment of " knowingly" when it could be something very simple. Speaking knowingly Mr. TIN ( My Apologies on useing last name ) could you please vist me in the underground when you get a chance. I would like have a open discusion with you.

Thank you in advance for you time!

MJ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Edit: Last Name

[/ QUOTE ]

OK MJ. See you down there in a bit. My "knowingly" comment was meant as a "giving Peak the benefit of the doubt", not as an accusation. Sorry if it came off that way.

DallasA

Enlightened
Good Morning Everyone,

I have some important information/ announcement to make today.

As of today Robyn ( Peak LED Solutions – President ) & Curt ( Peak LED Solutions – Head of Engineering Department ) will be taking over as repetitive of Peak LED Solutions here on CPF.

From time to time I will be popping in and helping out here on behalf of Peak LED Solutions but my time is much needed on other aspects of the business.

A lot has brought me to this decision and I feel this will help this community more efficiently along with Peak LED Solutions relationship in this community.

I would like to thank everyone for their wonderful support in helping me find my way around here. You guys have been extremely wonderful; words cannot express how I feel about all of you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

This is not good by, this is just a change in my position/identity here on CPF.

Later today I will be posting Curt's "Newbie" user names, I ask that you guys give them a warm welcome.

Robyn's User name here is: RobynS

Sasha: Could you please remove supporting manufacture icon from my user name when you get a chance and place it on Robyn's user name above. Thank you so much!

As always have a great day guys!

MJ
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Galiphrey

Enlightened
Hey, um, to whom it may concern: I just had a miscellaneous, unrelated curiosity for after the changing of hands is done. I don't doubt it's been answered before, but I couldn't find it by searching the archives.

How do the McKinleys do with r123a's? Is the regulation circuit such that the higher voltage will or will not lead to more current through the led's? If it will, is it by enough to want to shy away from using r123a's? For HP? and for ultra?

Thanks in advance,
Galiphrey

DallasA

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Galiphrey said:
Hey, um, to whom it may concern: I just had a miscellaneous, unrelated curiosity for after the changing of hands is done. I don't doubt it's been answered before, but I couldn't find it by searching the archives.

How do the McKinleys do with r123a's? Is the regulation circuit such that the higher voltage will or will not lead to more current through the led's? If it will, is it by enough to want to shy away from using r123a's? For HP? and for ultra?

Thanks in advance,
Galiphrey

[/ QUOTE ]

I know the units will work on R123's not sure on the performance of them, I will check with someone that I know has one and see how it does and let you know.

MJ

Sarius

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I have a question about the Mediterranean and Caribbean lights. On the Peak website they say that these are Luxeon III's, but the Flashlightreview's review indicates a Lux I. I was just curious as to which they actually were. Thanks.

mbely2

Enlightened
Just got 2 Matterhorn lights from Peak LED Solutions to make company for my Arc v.4 AAA light: SS 3 LED and 1 LED HA-III pocket style. All three are of very high quality, but different in style, beam pattern, tint, e.t.c.
Which is good: those differences justify buyng all 3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I am very impressed with Peak LED: great communication, low shipping charges and shipping was very fast: got e-mail with shipment notification and tracking # just a couple hours after placing order on their website.
Great job!