BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
18 Rayovac Maximum Plus AA\'s at Wal-mart for 5.97

18 Rayovac Maximum Plus AA's at Wal-mart for 5.97

That's a pretty good price.

Hemingray

Enlightened
Re: 18 Rayovac Maximum Plus AA\'s at Wal-mart for 5.97

Gotta watch out for those "dollar store" batteries, I bought a couple of 4 packs of AAs, just for haha's (and to see if they were really worth even 2 bits each). First test was in a 4 AA Sangean portable AM/FM/SW radio. With Duracells,
I get about 20-25 hours minimum run time, close to 40 if I keep the volume low. The "Best Cell" AA
Duracell lookalikes gave me a whopping 1.5 hours before they gave up the ghost. The expiration date was 2004. As they say, you get what you pay for. The best hours-per-buck I have gotten is from
a six-pack of Panasonic Alkie AAs from the local grovery supermarket for $1.99. They usually sell the 4 packs for this, but on occasion, the six packs are available. AS they say, you get what you pay for...

After the "Best Cells" expired, I did notice two things: that they were considerably lighter than "real" Alkie AAs, and that they were a little smaller in diameter. Not obcvious in a radio, but they rattled around like old dry bones inside a 2AA maglite.

/ed in NH

beam_me_up

Enlightened
Re: 18 Rayovac Maximum Plus AA\'s at Wal-mart for 5.97

aint bad 32 cents each give or take ---i can buy batteries @ my local dollar store 8 for a buck
smile.gif
the exp dates on them are like december 2002 thats the only drawback