How are the Toshiba CR123 batteries

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've used Surefires, Panasonics, Duracells and Sanyos before but never Toshiba. Are they serviceable? Tekcells are probably the worst, right? The most power hungry device these would be used in is a E2. I'm considering rolling the dice and taking advantage of Botach's sale price of 20 Toshiba CR123 batteries for $25. I know of Botach's reputation, I just wonder if they would sell really dated batteries.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
I am using the Toshiba CR123A from Botach and have had good luck with them. As for the age of the batteries, they are not marked, so you will have to trust them!

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've used all the batteries you have geepondy, I found that in order of most power to least.
Surefire, Duracell, Sanya and panasonic. Did you have the same results?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's tough to say. I've never really studied them out. Mostly I've used them in relatively low power applications such as Arc LS with E2 being the most power hungry device I've used them on. I've read posts here that for two celled lights, the differences in brands is much less noticable then in more multi-celled Surefire lightss. For my needs, the Surefire batteries haven't lasted significantly longer for me to notice a difference and is not worth the price difference.