Brinkman Headlamp...Pics...WOW

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
This has got to be one of the best 18 dollars I have spent in some time.
Wal-mart has these in my area and it states on the package that it is a 1 watt Luxeon made by Brinkman. It uses the 3-AAA barrell set up for power and I am not a big fan of this however it seems to work well. The package claims a 14 hour run time.
I will say it looks fairly nice over all and I was amazed at the beam quality from the cheap reflector. It has a tight spot with good spill and almost no artifacts. It looks to be a crystal white color with a hint of blue. The straps do hold the unit firmly on my head and it has a pivoting bezel.
When taken apart the star is secured to a large triangle section of metal so heat does not seem to be an issue. All in all I am very impressed with this light. I did take the time to sort through the few on the shelf and visually picked the one with the most centered reflector as it varied wildly between the units.
The beam shot below is a good idea of the beam quality however I could not get the camera to show the tint correct. It is not as bright as my FF2 and the tint is a little more blue however it is not far off from the FF2 in actual usage. In the beamshot the FF2 is on the right and uses a reflector also.
picture0142ij.jpg

picture0159hk.jpg

picture0162am.jpg

picture0179mk.jpg

picture0189dt.jpg

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I am not sure on the size of the heat sink as far as actual numbers but it looks to be pretty thick. This was my only concern at first as the body is all plastic however I have ran it for about 10 minutes constant with no problems.
I am very curious as to the BIN code however I am a little un-sure about removing the star to look. I am afraid I will not be able to center it correctly once I remove it.
It has a HID blue tint to it and to my eye appears almost a crystal white. It makes my FF2(TXOJ) look ever so creamy when compared.

chimo

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Robocop said:
I am very curious as to the BIN code however I am a little un-sure about removing the star to look. I am afraid I will not be able to center it correctly once I remove it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could take a pencil or sharpie and trace around the star on the heatsink. You could also verify that they have placed thermal compound behind the star. That should let you replace it in the exact same postition. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Paul