Shock Isolated Bezels?? Another Newbie question??

widgnwhacker

Newly Enlightened
Ok Gang,

I have a SF E2D that I would like to mount on my Rock River AR15 but I saw a few posts on another forum that say you have to have a ( Shock Isolated Bezel ) and that they done't make one for the E2D. Can someone enlighten me on what this really means?

Thanks

WW

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon
it means that you run the risk of blowing the bulb in you light from recoil i dont think any of the e series lights have a SIB option but you could put a kl4 head on your e2d or just buy an c series light for your rock river and have the e2d as back up plus then you would have the option of a 100 lumen plus output hope this helps

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened
You're surely going to have to get some mounts specially made to put the thinn tube e2e on a gun, if I'm not mistaken. It might be cheaper for you to get a 6P or 9P, with the 1 inch body tube, and a cheap, easily obtainable set of mounts. You can also use a remote tape switch on the P series, but I don't think there's one available for the e series yet...

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is also the option of using the Surefire Scout body (which comes with a KL4 head) or using the Surefire E2e to P60/P61 bezel adapter which I think is SI. Both of these options will cost you a good amount of $.

I would recommend buying a 6P or G2 and upgrading it to a SI bezel (and possibly clickie or tape switch).

-Mike

matthewdanger

Enlightened
Re: Shock Isolated Bezels?? Another Newbie questio

FYI: The shock isolated bezel for the "C" series is the Z32. It can be had for a pretty reasonable price if you shop around.

Size15's

Flashaholic

The E-Series does not have the same internal set up as the standard series (such as the G2, 6P etc). When the E2d is assembled there is basically nowhere for the batteries to go inside the body since they are not isolated between two spring contacts like the G2.

So the E-Series resiliance against shock and recoil is pretty much down to the durability of the filament which as it turns out is one of the most durable lamps.

If you decide to use a "flashlight" rather than a WeaponLight on your firearm you do so at your own risk. Many people are using non-WeaponLight SureFires on their firearms with good results. However, if you require your firearm to be reliable and durable then a WeaponLight is the best way to go.

Al

P.S.
There is a "Shock Isolated Bezel" for the E2d (and the ScoutLight) - it is called the LU60A and it uses the "M2" shock isolated bezel and an adapter collar to interface with the ScoutLight or E-Series model.

jacques

Newly Enlightened

The LU60A on E2d looks great! Check it out:

Here

widgnwhacker

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]

There is a "Shock Isolated Bezel" for the E2d (and the ScoutLight) - it is called the LU60A and it uses the "M2" shock isolated bezel and an adapter collar to interface with the ScoutLight or E-Series model.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where might one find this product? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif