3V, 680mah Powerizer RCR123A at Batteryspace?

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
What can anyone tell us about these 3V, 680 mAh rechargeable RCR123A cells? No word on whether they're protected; I'd guess not, based on four hints:

1. Low price for a 3V RCR123A (4 for $25 with a smart charger)
2. There's no mention of protection circuitry in the cell.
3. They claim to have three times the capacity of JSBurly's 3V protected RCR123As (based on Burly cell tests by a forum member).
4. The charger is smart, so why make the cell smart?

I wonder whether they're just derated, rebranded Zukz 3V 750mah RCR123A cells.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Paul, click on the battery/charger picture, and specs show up. It is protected, in all ways, according to their info. I wonder if these are merely 3.6 cells with voltage charging cut off set for 3 volts? 680mAh is right up there with the 3.6-3.7 guys. Would be great if they did work as advertized. Someone has to take the plunge and spend the $24.00 bucks. Will it be me?

Bill

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bullezeyebill,
Nothing happens when I click the picture. When I hover over it, the popup text gives the title:

4 Pcs RCR123A 3.0V 680mAh Li-ion Batteries + Smart Worldwide Travel Charger w. Car Plug - CH-RCR123AC03

but doesn't use the word "protection."

The word "smart" is found in the specs, but only to describe the charger. Or am I missing something?

buba

Newly Enlightened
These are unprotected cells according to Batteryspace customer service. The only protection is the 3V limit on the charger.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I stand corrected. Battery charger limits charge. So how can these be 680mAh rated? Cells look like my unprotected Battery Space RCR123's, which are really good cells, but would have little poop at 3 volts.

Bill

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast
Battery Space has lots of items but the info about their products is often incorrect. They have never answered my repeated emails or postings in their forum.

Here's a example: Battery Pack

It's a 11.1V Li-Ion 4000mAh pack. The specs given list four 18650 2000mAh cells. That's impossible to get either the voltage or mAh with just four cells. I actually have this pack and you can plainly see from the picture that there are six cells. There are three sets of two wired in parallel and then those three sets are in series.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another strange fact: I thought that Powerizer was MAHA's brand. But rechargeable 123A cells are nowhere to be found on MAHA's site.

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Paul_in_Maryland said:
Another strange fact: I thought that Powerizer was MAHA's brand. But rechargeable 123A cells are nowhere to be found on MAHA's site.

[/ QUOTE ]
PowerEx is the MAHA name.

Latest posts