StreamLight Propoly Luxeon 4AA [PICS]

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
Most of you are familiar with the new Luxeon version of Streamlight's popular Propolymer Series. It uses 4AA batteries that sit side by side in the battery tube. The light uses a rubber clickie at the end of the light, but it can stand on it's end for illumnating a room. It also fits very well in the hand, perfect for walking. And you can get it in either Yellow or Black. On to the pictures...

On the outside it looks exactly like the other Propoly flashlights from Streamlight, but it's what's on the inside that counts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

1.jpg

A Luxeon I High Dome LED.

LED.jpg
LEDModule.jpg

LED2.jpg

The fingerprint on the lens is mine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

Dissasembly of the flashlight is very easy. It's made up of the bezel/head, the battery tube, and the LED/Reflector module.

dissasembled.jpg

The color and the beam that come out of this light are fantastic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

ON2.jpg

BS.jpg

There are very minor artifacts around the hotspot that don't show up in the picture.

I say this is a steal at only $30. I got mine from www.lightthedarkness.net

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm so glad I bought the yellow one. I use it all the time. The yellow color makes it easier to find. Anyone who doesn't have one of these yet I don't know what you're waiting for, a price drop>? This is a seriously great flashlight.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
After reading the many accolades this light has recieved, I weakened and bought one. Can't wait to test it out.

The main reason I didn't jump on board sooner is because I kind of turn up my nose at 1W luxes these days.

Kiu

Enlightened
Very nice!Great Pic.
Thanks for sharing.
I am thinking to get one of this SL 4AA luxeon. A great deal.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I don't have a lot of love for the LUX I these days, but my latest two Dorcy 1 Watt lights are suprising to say the least!

All I'm waiting for is to find it in a local store. I all but cannot do online purchasing anymore.

NICE review! Great Pics!

pradeep1

Enlightened
Great light. Bigger and heavier than 2AA mini-mag, but great for leaving in your car or home. Works with NiMH very well. You'll get a solid 4.5 hours of bright light and then light for another 3-4 hours. Would make for a great light to use in a survival/emergency kit.