Battery storage/carry tubes

CNC Dan

Enlightened
would CPF ers be interested in buying these plastic vials? They hold two AA batterys just perfect. I will buy a large lot of them if enough people here are interested in buying them.

I would sell them at $10 per 8 tubes shipping included to the USA. The caps would be the nickle plated ones.

here is a pic:
batterytube.jpg

CNC Dan

Enlightened
they are flexable, not brittle.

If you squeez them flat you have to try hard to get them to take a crease. Even then you can make them round again. I haven't seen plastic like this before or I would try to compair it to something similar.

PsycoBob[Q2]

Enlightened
If you had any that held 2x123 I'd be interested. I usually use pill-bottles that hold 3AA with a bit of cotton in the bottom to reduce rattling. 123's are oddball enough to give me problems.

CNC Dan

Enlightened
Originally posted by PsycoBob[Q2]:
If you had any that held 2x123 I'd be interested. I usually use pill-bottles that hold 3AA with a bit of cotton in the bottom to reduce rattling. 123's are oddball enough to give me problems.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I think I could get some that size, but AAs are more common than 123s, and I have to buy the minimum the maker will setup a run for.

There hasn't been much interist so I don't think I will even buy the AA size.

CNC Dan

Enlightened
Originally posted by Charles Bradshaw:
I'm interested, since I use AA batteries alot.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'm afraid your the only one that has shown interist.

Would you be willing to buy 100 of them at $1.00 ea?

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ouch! Unfortunately, I can't afford that. Guess I will make do with 2x3 ziplocs.

If we wait a bit, hopefully others will express interest. (i'm not going to hold my breath on this one.)
wink.gif

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
For 123's use the little orange Coglan's waterproof match holders - $1 each at ****'s sporting goods - holds 2x123a - a little tissue or cotton in the bottom stops any rattle, but it's nearly a perfect fit.

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, I don't waste the space with tissue or cotton. I pack in as many strike anywhere matches around the 123 cells which gives you the potential for some more seriously useful heat and light.

Thanks.

CNC Dan

Enlightened
Refering to buying 100pcs at $1.00 ea

Ouch! Unfortunately, I can't afford that. Guess I will make do with 2x3 ziplocs.

If we wait a bit, hopefully others will express interest. (i'm not going to hold my breath on this one.)
wink.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ouch indeed. And I wouln't even be half way to the break even point on the size lot that I would have to buy. If I could buy 200 or so, I would gust get them and sell them a few at a time. But I have to order in four digit quanitys. And that's too much for me to carry with out a lot more support.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
4 digit quantities?? That's alot to have to buy at once for a minimum purchase!

A 2" x 3" ziploc will hold a maximum of 3 AA cells. For 4 cells, you would need a 3x3. These are a whole bunch cheaper than the tubes.

Years ago, there was a minimag holster that included a spare battery tube.

CNC Dan

Enlightened
4 digit quantities?? That's alot to have to buy at once for a minimum purchase!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah, the mfg. doesn't stock them, they make to order. I have to buy the minimum they will make in a run. I might try to contact one of their customers and buy a smaller qty. from them. But that would likly increace the price too much.

A 2" x 3" ziploc will hold a maximum of 3 AA cells. For 4 cells, you would need a 3x3. These are a whole bunch cheaper than the tubes.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yep, much cheaper. And they take up less space when empty. I just like the look of the tubes, and the shape is a good fit in the pocket.

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's too bad to hear that the maker don't have stock for this. I'm very interested in this tube. For the moment, I use film canisters for storing 2AA/3AAA/4AAA. This waste a lot of space. The tube is just right for 2 AA and doesn't waste unnecessary room in my pack which space is limited.

Please post again if they're available.

Alan

CNC Dan

Enlightened
I use film cans too. Not bad for the price(free).

I buy small tooling that comes in the clear tubes so I do get one every now and then. I will keep saving and offer them for sale when I have a bunch.