Opinions/WTB HDS Removable Strong Diffuser

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am strongly considering this accessory for my HDS Basic 60. Do any HDS owners have the Removable Strong Diffuser listed among the accesories at the bottom of this page?
http://www.hdssystems.com/EdcBasic.html

I tried doing a search but yeilded no results. Adding a removable diffuser to this light could really make it the true "do anything" light- even on .3 lumens, the hotspot contrasts too much relative to the corona for reading a whole page comfortably. I found that wrapping the light in a semi-opaque plastic bag was a servicable if inelegant solution, but I would like a nice neat method for travel.

Could anyone tell me their experience with this unit (does it reduce output significantly, how well does it even out the beam- any tinting- a pic would be nice- HDS doesn't have one on their site) and also if anyone would like to sell one or knows of a cheaper place to get it, I would like to hear (I'm having trouble swallowing paying $10 shipping for a $15 accessory). Thanks in advance,
Jon

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
AW's beam shaper can be seen in this thread.

There are some shots of the strong diffuser in post 915703.

Another beam spreader pic in post 926036.

-john

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks very much for digging out those links, John. I'd like one, but I hope Henry comes up with some cheaper shipping options for small items- I know some people would like the new clips, but the $10 shipping doubles the price for one. If anyone has this diffuser and doesn't use it, I'm interested. I'd also go for the mild diffuser that came with the lense kit if anyone wants to spare that.

LowWorm

Enlightened
John N, you provided those links for me in the HDS Part 6 thread and I never got around to saying thanks, so thank you for taking the time to do that. I found it very helpful and ended up ordering a beamshaper from AW....

And I second Solstice - I'd appreciate it if HDS made the components of its lens changing kit available for separate purchase with reasonable shipping. Shoot, I think I'll just e-mail them instead of whining about it here. Henry seems pretty accommodating, and you never know.

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
No sweat folks. I remembered the pics were there so it was just a matter of digging them up. Glad it was useful.

-john

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about the SF beamshaper? It fits many other lights. McLuxIII PD, Aleph2, LionCub, and ARC4+.
Seems as though it would fit the EDC also, but probably not with the clip on.

mut