Open circuit voltage for CR123s?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I took a shot and took advantage of the Botach 20 Toshiba CR123's for $25 and must admit the order was processed and shipped immediately. However all 20 batteries were thrown together loosely in a plastic bag. Maybe this is safe enough but I wondered about the possibility of somehow the batteries shorting and dischanging so I measured the stand alone voltage of all 20 cells. Every single one was either 3.28 or 3.29V. Is this normal for a CR123 battery?

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by geepondy:
I took a shot and took advantage of the Botach 20 Toshiba CR123's for $25 and must admit the order was processed and shipped immediately. However all 20 batteries were thrown together loosely in a plastic bag. Maybe this is safe enough but I wondered about the possibility of somehow the batteries shorting and dischanging so I measured the stand alone voltage of all 20 cells. Every single one was either 3.28 or 3.29V. Is this normal for a CR123 battery?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Soundz good..'ya rolled the dice and came up a winner this time.
icon15.gif

-all except for that packaging.
frown.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">They are selling a Scorpion with 20 123s for $49, so for $25 extra you could have had a Scorpion also. Don't know if you need/want one, but that would have been a pretty good deal...hey wait, maybe I'll do that...

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are selling a Scorpion with 20 123s for $49, so for $25 extra you could have had a Scorpion also. Don't know if you need/want one, but that would have been a pretty good deal...hey wait, maybe I'll do that...

Darn, yes I now remember that special. Too bad I didn't at the time of order because I would have taken advantage of it. I would like to see what a Scorpion was like and more likely use the body for my KL1.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
They are selling a Scorpion with 20 123s for $49, so for $25 extra you could have had a Scorpion also. Don't know if you need/want one, but that would have been a pretty good deal...hey wait, maybe I'll do that...

Darn, yes I now remember that special. Too bad I didn't at the time of order because I would have taken advantage of it. I would like to see what a Scorpion was like and more likely use the body for my KL1.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Maybe if you call them back and "grovel" a little they will take the opportunity to show you what sort of company they are? I've never ordered from them...if you do it, please let us know the outcome, eh? Thanks.