Anyone want to start a huge CR123 group buy?

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking since so many of us need these batteries, and the lowest cost I have found them for is 1.39. Wouldn't it be a good idea to organize a large group buy and get these super cheap? Depending on the brand and the freshness If we could get it down to $1.00 each that would be pretty good wouldn't you say?

I am only suggesting this idea, I am unorganized to host the group buy
grin.gif

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would be in for some, but I have no idea as to the source. I hope someone else does, or else it will be No 123s For YOU!
grin.gif

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would also like to participate.

Again, Surefire would be my first choice.

Rayovac would be my second choice.

Gary_the_gunnut

Newly Enlightened
I would be more interested in a 223 group purchase (so I can split myself and save) with people from my area so we could meet after and divide up the batteries (save on shipping too). I'm in the Houston area if any interest pm or email me.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got 25 DL223's from cheapbatteries.com for 50 bucks plus ~6 bucks for shipping. That's about $1.12 per 123. You can also buy them in 100x223 for a buck a piece, makes it $0.50 per 1x123. HOWEVER, the date code on the plastic shows they were manufactured Jan 1995. That makes them 7 years old with 3 years left on shelf life. The measured open circuit voltage averages about 3.23V vs. 3.3V for brand new cells. That's not too bad I guess. Just be aware that cheapbatteries are cheap for a reason. I asked the guy on the phone how old they were and he grumbled that they only sell "fresh" batteries. He couldn't define "fresh". I don't like dealing with ignorant or deceptive people.

CM

MicroE

Enlightened
This week I bought a bunch of CR123's from Cheapbatteries.com
They are marked GE/Sanyo with an expiration of 2011. The Open Circuit Voltages are 3.23V. They work fine and cost $1.65 each plus $3 for UPS shipping.
Are the SF 123's really worth paying an extra $0.35+ each??? That's a 21% premium!
Anybody know why SF123's are placed on such a pedestal?---Marc

Whistler

Enlightened
botach (batteries) have a bad reputation, there had been some problems in the past (not only)with those batteries. 5 years passed the date, strange brand... . But I think(!) recently there had been no problems, i remember someone saying that his batteries were Ok when he ordered. But since they ripped some CPF members (was it bushman?) 'no one' wants to buy there anymore...

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Whistler:
botach (batteries) But since they ripped some CPF members (was it bushman?) 'no one' wants to buy there anymore...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Nope it wasn't me, but I think that it was Brock. I won't buy from them. My pennies are too hard earned...

I like the 223 into 123 idea myself...