maha 777 Plus vs Plus II

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I'm interested in buying a Maha 777 Plus charger. is it worth the extra $10 to get the Plus II charger instead?

also, where is a good, reputable place to order it?

thanks

Willmore

Enlightened
What? It's a later rev of the same device. Someone's trying to take you. Order from maha or most any amateur radio supply house.

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only real difference with the II is that it has that analyze function hold feature, which will retain the reading until you get to it. The original one only does it in combination with a charge cycle, forcing you to babysit it, because it clears the reading in 15 minutes and subsequently starts the charge cycle. The other addition of a reset button doesn't really add much usefulness.
I don't know if I'd consider the difference worth the extra money; but there may be the added benefit of getting something that may have more bugs worked out of it, just because it's a newer model.

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
one of the bugs was an annoying tendency to melt down if the power glitched during discharge!
the plus2 i have does not seem to have this bug.
i tried to get it to do it.

guncollector

Enlightened
Santa gave me a Maha MH-C777 Plus II on Wednesday morning!

All I can say is, this thing kick ***! Been hard at work on my Camcorder (old type, dumb charger) and Laptop batteries--reconditioning them and bringing them back to life!

Next, I'll test it out on the rechargeable batteries for my Surefire 9AN, Goncz M5, and Tigerlight.

If you you're a flashaholic with many rechargeable-type devices--whether they be lights or not--you owe it to yourself to get a MH-C777 Plus II!

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been noticing that my Maha 777 Plus seems to complete charge earlier than expected; it always seems to err on the side of undercharge. Could be the batteries, but in general, it comes up low. I'll have to do a more rigorous test and compare with my 204F, but it seems that the 204 always charges up fully, and maybe then some- maybe erring on the side of overcharge, if heat's any guide-
Anyone with the C777 Plus notice this? It seems like all the clip type chargers I bought from Maha (all two of them, anyway) have this problem of terminating charge too early.
I had an early model clip charger which did this, and I checked with Maha about any kind of adjustment to correct it, but they couldn't help, since it was past warranty.

jlfletc

Newly Enlightened
I seem to be having this problem as well, see my other post regarding the MAha 777 Plus. I wish Maha would come out with a replacement for the 777 Plus-II that would have all of its capabilities, but also, maybe a bay with 4 slots, all with individual charging circuits that would hold AA, AAA, and D cells. Oh well, one can dream......

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, easy it is- any multiple battery holder should work (except they should normally be wired in series- you did them in parallel?); any number of batteries by simply connecting to the end terminals of the inserted batteries.