My bi-pin to PR holder Mod

AW

Newly Enlightened
Spent couple hours fooling around with some left over ceramic materials.......

PICT0216.jpg

PICT0217.jpg

PICT0218.jpg

Made a few of these ceramic bi-pin to PR base bulb holders. However, the bulb filament is riding too high for a proper focus, I have to adjust the socket by inserting a spacer to lower it by about 5mm. I put in a WA1185 and ran through a whole set of batteries for about 45 minutes. Nothing melts and everything seems to hold up pretty well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

PICT0215.jpg

PICT0213.jpg

PICT0212.jpg

AW

Newly Enlightened
It is the metal pin holders inside holding the bulb, not the ceramic itself. My pin holders have a very tight grip holding the bulb.

PICT0221.jpg

pmath

Newly Enlightened
Willie Hunt supplied me some holders like this several years ago. I don't think he made them. Just this week I was wondering if I could get more or whether to have a go at making them. Your post may have tipped my balance towards making some.

I use them in bicycle headlights with a 5V 0.85A bi-pin xenon halide bulb. Any ideas of good sources for these or similar would be appreciated - I can't find them in Australia! Don't want to go much over that because the Audax riding I do requires very long run times.

Peter

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I could use some of those pin grabbers.. can you share the source/part number, etc.. something i can get from digikey?

=awr

AW

Newly Enlightened
Hi Andrew,

Those are 1.9mm pin holder. I don't have the part no. but I 'm quite sure they are widely available through lightning stores.

AW