ArmyTek

Thread: A Nice Light for Wives/Girlfriends

Default A Nice Light for Wives/Girlfriends

How many of us have wives or girlfriends who can't understand why we spend this amt. of time and $ on flashlights?

I recently found a nice little gift that my wife just loves, and it helps smooth things a bit. It is the Aurora 1.5W Nichia Jupiter LED Flashlight from j2ledflashlight.com. It runs about $40 in U.S. dollars, and is a cool little light that may well appeal, more than most of our toys, to the women we love. My wife absolutely adores the "spotlight" beam, and the compact size and nice little holster were also very appealing to her.

Just a thought.

Flashaholic

Default Re: A Nice Light for Wives/Girlfriends

I think could be a girls best friend [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

Im buying her one of these.
    Fenix L1

I dunno if she will like it,but it would make agreat light for the purse.

Benny

[ QUOTE ]
    I think could be a girls best friend

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you think she will use this fer? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif[/img]

Bad Benny Bad! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif[/img]
    Benny

I bought mine a solitare and she is happy, she also likes the
    2D M@g with the Halogen globe.

My wife likes her green QIII. Although in our recent power outage she used a Streamlight Jr. Luxeon more. It is easier to hold for extended times and has more of a floodbeam.

[ QUOTE ]
    dg said:
    I think could be a girls best friend [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
    It's the dildalight! lol

Flashaholic*

Is that a flashlight or a thermometer? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleye11.gif[/img]

lets just call it a "back massager" light on one end and a "massager" on the other....he he he

My wife says [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif[/img] on that one.

My wife took my Inova X5T. See, size doesn't really matter after all!

Jon

My wife's pretty happy with a purple Mag AAA and a purple Mag AA - both with MJLEDs (and an ARC AAA, a PALight, and a few LED keychain lights!).

My wife is a bartender and she decides to walk the three blocks to and from work. We live in a pretty good town but I still worry about her walking home at 4 in the morning. She asked me to find a good flashlight for working arround the bar. These two things turned a light on in my head. The next day I went out and got her a Surefire E2D, Nice and bright and a great defence tool.

I'm an atypical wife, so I tend to go for less "girly" stuff (dg, how condescending does it get?). It's usually my husband I have to convince of the coolness of my latest gadget jag.

But that being said, I think women in general tend to a) Like small and reliable lights, ones that won't make them look like batgirl if they carry them, b) Like lights that aren't too complicated (HDS Ultimate line), or c) Like lights that can double as clubs if they ever need to chuck them at someone and run.

Orb Raw in sterling silver. Oooh.

My wife says she wants my Arc LS. (BRB... I'll go hide it...)

NO greenLED! Give it to her! Then you'll have a good excuse to get a replacement for yourself! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Flashaholic

I gave my SO a Q-III. She now wants to get rid of her MiniMag (but so far no bites for her eBay post).

Small and bright with a good battery life. A kind of similar what I like [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. We do not live in a place where security is a concern. So, she really likes the infinity ultra. I just ordered the Peak AAA 3 LED - and I am quite convinced that it'll disappear soon in the depth of a purse.... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

My wife does not understand my passion for lights. She does however appreciate the Arc AAA standard and G2 with BOG LED drop in I have given her. And she is one of the few people I loan my L2 or E1L too.

Flashaholic*

My wife doesn't like that I should have a hobby or that it should cost money (it's in part of her girlfriend/spouse/significant other contract, so it really is her job). So, I don't tell her what they cost and I never take her with me when I go shopping for lights.

She has appropriated a couple of lights and I have given her a few more (never as a gift for an occasion 'cause I'm not totally, completely, utterly stupid). Mostly 1 watter led's from PrincetonTec, Dorcy, etc.

But I could get a nice L2 or L4 for her, so that would be a good trade, right?

I tried to get my wife "into" good lights, she didn't care too much though - UNTIL - the day she needed (in her words) "...a decent flashlight", when searching for something under the bed!!

She still doesn't appreciate expensive ones - but really likes the purple AA/AAA Mags with the MJLEDs!! At least she does appreciate having light when one needs it (not a sickly yellow beam full of artifiacts!).

She knows if she needs a "Thor" or something that's more capable than her little Mags where to go though! Gotta say that it was a good feeling though when she came to me and said, "I need a decent flashlight"!! Made me feel all caveman like and that I could "provide" for the family unit....[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] You know - safety, security from the wild beasts, food (well at least macaroni - you know you can really fix that a lot of different ways!)...

Some time ago I gave my wife a E1E and she loved it. She began to appreciate a quality light, although I did not tell her at the time how much it really cost.

The E2D is my next choice. She may think it is too big for her purse though. Those teeth are dangerous and the lumens are blinding.

Cheers

Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Sigman said:
    Gotta say that it was a good feeling though when she came to me and said, "I need a decent flashlight"!! Made me feel all caveman like and that I could "provide" for the family unit.... You know - safety, security from the wild beasts, food (well at least macaroni - you know you can really fix that a lot of different ways!)...

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't stop laughing at the above quoted part of your post. You must be quite an aficonado with macaroni. Are you willing to post any of your world famous recipes? I like macaroni dishes as much as the next guy!!!

[ QUOTE ]
    dg said:

[/ QUOTE ]

forgive my newbiness... but torch is this? shit it looks damn good