How would you act on an idea for a light?

Enlightened
I have had an idea for sometime for what I believe to be a great flashlight. I put a lot of thought into it and thought about characteristics of several lights that I own. I talked to some local machine shops and about had heart failure from the quotes to "build it". I would like to see it come to life one day but no way to swing it without winning the lottery. What would you do? I thought about trying to ask someone like McGizmo what they thought of the idea but never asked. I wish someone else would just make some of them and I could just buy one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Any thoughts/ideas?
Thanks,
Chris

greenLED

Flashaholic
"I thought about trying to ask someone like McGizmo what they thought of the idea but never asked."

Just do it!! You could get in touch with other builders/modders on the forum; maybe someone is interested. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

ArsMachina

Enlightened
Hi Chris,

for sure Don is one of the best persons you can ask. Other ones are Chris from TNC or Robert from ORB if you are looking for CNC machinists.
Depending on the quantity of lights perhaps also I could help you, but I do all my work on traditional machines and am very fixed to Titanium as material /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Even my time is very limited and most will be used for my own first flashlight, I am already looking for another light idea to produce in the future /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jochen

Enlightened
Thanks for the help guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif I'm going to try and contact these guys for advice / guidance.
Thanks,
Chris