Kodak Alkalines

TheMechanic

Newly Enlightened
Originally posted by PeterM:
Someone has "auctions" up on ebay for 100 AAA or AA kodaks w/2006 expiration dates? They want $18.00 + 6 shipping. Anyone knows who makes these or has used them? .24 Sounds like a pretty good price to me. Must be a catch.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Many moons ago, when I worked in the photographic industry and Kodak had just brought out their AA batts, the tech support poerson (which was an industry - not consumer - tech) told me emphatically that they were made by Panasonic. Since I could get them cheep at the time, I used a ton of them. Performance wise they were equal to the Energizers then available. Of course, this was 8 r 10 years ago, and they may have switched suppliers since (or maybe not...)

I can tell you that they are the most resistant to leakage that I've ever seen. Every once in a while I'll find some AA-powered doohickey that I haven't used in 5 or 6 years, and NEVER have I found a leaker. Can't say the same for Duracell or Energizers...

PeterM

Newly Enlightened
Someone has "auctions" up on ebay for 100 AAA or AA kodaks w/2006 expiration dates? They want $18.00 + 6 shipping. Anyone knows who makes these or has used them? .24 Sounds like a pretty good price to me. Must be a catch.

Monsters_Inc

Banned
That's cos they're made in Japan not USA...
tongue.gif

Vikas Sontakke

Enlightened
Every week, I see some B&M store (such as Sear, BestBuy, CircuitCity etc) selling Maxell 40pk for $10.00 Sometimes they even have free shipping