• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Aleph Clips anytime soon?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Bill,

I am not sure how to answer your question. I do have the new Ti clip I am offering as an option on the PD. It *can* be mounted to the trim tail cap as well as on the flared flange of the 2x123-F. However mounting requires driling and tapping and in the case of the 2x123F mount, unless one carefully blind taps the holes, there is the potential of water intrusion into the battery tube unless the screws are well sealed. Candidly, I don't have the right equipment and certainly no time to address a solution the way I think it should be addressed ideally. I am moving further and further away from custom requests and it would be a real mistake on my part to show a solution that would require machine time and modifications on my end. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

If I can improve on my method and time required in the final forming of the Ti clips as well as bead blasting them, I am hoping that they may become available on the shoppe as a DIY part. At that point, I would like to show some various possible solutions but I want to avoid getting involved as a source for those solutions. With a 3/32" drill bit and #4-40 tap, many can do their own mounting of these clips.

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don,

I'd love to use the Ti clip, but somehow I thought you didn't have sufficient numbers for use on Alephs?

I have no problem with drilling, tapping, etc.

Where do I order them?

Bill