Surefire Fact or Fiction ?

DavidTHR

Enlightened
A friend showed me a brand new (factory-sealed box) Surefire E2e in MATTE BLACK -- Model E2E-BK -- he purchased from an auction site. He says the auction description claimed it was HARD ANODIZED MilSpec.

This E2e is in the CURRENT Surefire "see-through" box, and this flashlight has all the current E2e Surefire markings on it -- except is has a MATTE BLACK finish as opposed to the common looking E2e HA finish.

Does Surefire CURRENTLY make an E2e in the BLACK Type III MilSpec Hard Anodized finish, or does it just have the same Black Type II finish such as the 6P?

So is this "MilSpec" Black E2e Surefire FACT or FICTION?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

WDR65

Enlightened
DavidTHR,
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it does exist. In fact a dealer recently told me he had them in stock. I think also that the KL1 head is made in the black HA finish as a regular item. So who knows, maybe if we're lucky Surefire will start making the e series availible regularly in this finish.

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
They used to be made, but as far as I know they currently are not in production. There are a few different version, with the Matte black ones being HA-III (made in both old and new styles) and then a HA-II version that matches the 6Ps.

-Mike

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Thew existed some time ago in limited numbers as well as the E1e and had LOTCs instead of clickies. The look is just like an E2D.
AFAIK they aren't currently in production, but sometimes (just recently btw) show up in B/S/T)
bernie

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I Have a HA-III E2d kissling mentioned, but i think that kight is always offered in matte HA -III. I would love a
KL-1 n Black HA-III. VDG

DavidTHR

Enlightened
Thanks for the information.

What is the approximate value of this Surefire E2e in Matte Black HA (new in the current Surefire "see-thru" box).

He said he paid $90 including s&h for it.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
The approximate value is usually around $80 to $100 (ballpark, usually + a few dollars for S&H). $90 shipped is a pretty good price.

-Mike

cy

Flashaholic
one sure way to tell is take a knife and try to scatch it. pick a spot not noticible in case you put a big scatch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif