• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

question for Aleph LE builders?

wquiles

Flashaholic
I am almost done on my DD LE, but I am not sure as to the exact limit for the positive battery nipple at the back of the module. Can one of you who knows about these modules let me know if that last picture looks OK space-wise? Does the nipple has to be flush with the outer rim?

IMG_1100.JPG

IMG_1101.JPG

IMG_1102.JPG

IMG_1103.JPG

IMG_1104.JPG

Will

Darell

Flashaholic
Yikes - sorry it has taken one of us so long to reply!

The anode nipple really should be about even with the back rim of the can. Having it sit proud like you show can end up smashing the battery by shoving the battery back far enough to hit the ridge in the butt of the battery tube (depending on the tube!). This assumes you're using all Aleph parts. If you have something else in mind for the battery tube, then there's no reason that a taller nipple like that wouldn't work.

So... was I too late? :)

AW

Newly Enlightened
With a protruding nipple, you'll also lose the reverse polarity protection ability.

Darell

Flashaholic
What AW said. :)

Not so much a problem with the 123's (Don't think I've put one of those in backwards yet!) but can be a problem with the rechargeables.

wquiles

Flashaholic
Darell, Don, AW - Not too late at all - in fact I decided to wait until I heard back from somebody more experienced. I am glad I waited since now I can safely finish this mod :thanks:

Will