poverty level rise in US

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read news report indicating poverty level increased significantly in the US. This is the URL: http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/31/national/31census.html?hp&ex=1125460800&en=dc961aa1ff004bf5&ei=5094&partner=homepage

The report doesn't reveal that the job market is very tight. Earning levels have eroded for many years prior to Bush administration. I wonder if many old people will be able to afford medication if they get sick or injured. How will they pay for cost of hospital stay for injuries?:rant:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ive lived in povert for a while it sucks but man im sure glad i live in usa/being poor here aint as bad i make genelry below 7 k per year but i eat every day .and have roof over my head but id sure hate to make less

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was in poverty level too but I used to live with my parents rent free. Women don't like guys living in this condition. One can't raise a family at all.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
true that ill never have family but im still happy i live in usa .i even have internt and cable tv .no car or other stuff but imm very gratefull i can make it.... im going to be working on makiing money from my house reslling stuff on ebay my dad is going to help me .some day ill be driveing a kick but car i hope.anything is posable here

Last edited:

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Well, officially my income puts me well under the poverty level except that I live with my parents. The poverty situation is only going to get worse with the outsourcing of jobs to overseas and the increased hoarding of wealth by the richest 1%. As I said in another thread I've heard of people happy to get work for $2 an hour. When I worked in my friend's taximeter shop for a month last year to help with the rate change there was a guy there working for $9 an hour and happy to get it. I heard he used to make $100,000 until he was laid off.

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only in America do the 'poor' have a home, a car, and a television (probably more than one)...

Mark